Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Lag, skipped numbers when entering PIN

Hello, everyone. (My first post.)

I seem to be having a bit of lag when I try to enter my PIN to unlock my phone from sleep. I can type decently fast on the on-screen keyboard, but when I try to enter my PIN really fast, it skips numbers or sometimes doesn't even recognize that I pressed "OK". I have to enter my PIN slowly and deliberately to get it to work, which kind of detracts from the security of it. Anyone watching me can very easily see what my PIN is. (It's also annoying because it takes me twice as long to unlock my phone.)

It doesn't seem to be a processor or touchscreen issue, and it's not that I'm being sloppy. I'm very satisfied with the speed at which it recognizes my touchscreen typing once the phone is unlocked, but it is doing a really crappy job recognizing my screen touches ONLY on that PIN entry unlock screen.

If anyone can explain to me WHY this is happening AND/OR how I can FIX it, that would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Lag, skipped numbers when entering PIN

What kind of phone?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sprint)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

There are a few posts about this type of thing already. I didn't find them at first because I was using the "SEARCH FORUM" box instead of "Search Site". SEARCH FORUM doesn't find any of these posts. I found them now....

Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.
    Verizon Galaxy S3: 4.3 update questions and issues!
    Unlocking lag Galaxy S4
    PIN unlock lag

Unfortunately for all of us, in all of these threads, it is largely UNRESOLVED. (One workaround that worked for one person was to use a pattern unlock instead of a PIN.) Some say it's an issue with 4.3, others say the same thing happens with 4.4. Others have suggested using different launcher.

Do you have "magnification gestures" on? Under settings/accessibility/vision

Quote Originally Posted by jmjanzen View Post
    There are a few posts about this type of thing already. I didn't find them at first because I was using the "SEARCH FORUM" box instead of "Search Site". SEARCH FORUM doesn't find any of these posts. I found them now....

Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.
    Verizon Galaxy S3: 4.3 update questions and issues!
    Unlocking lag Galaxy S4
    PIN unlock lag

Unfortunately for all of us, in all of these threads, it is largely UNRESOLVED. (One workaround that worked for one person was to use a pattern unlock instead of a PIN.) Some say it's an issue with 4.3, others say the same thing happens with 4.4. Others have suggested using different launcher.