in search of DIY instructions to replace glass with attached sensor and sensor ribbon

lshortess

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a well loved and much battered Galaxy S3 that I've ordered some replacement parts for. I can find tons of information on how to replace the glass and I'm pretty comfortable taking my device apart and putting it back together, but apparently I ordered a glass that's just slightly different from what I intended. Rather than just the plain glass, it has a ribbon and the button sensors on the bottom. This is what I bought:
New Digitizer LCD Touch Screen Glass for Samsung Galaxy i9300 I747 SIII S3 Red | eBay

Unfortunately, while I have found tons of very informative videos, I can't find anything about how to deal with actually having the replacement sensors. Does anyone know where I could go to find out how to do this on my own? If I have to, I can return it and buy "just" the glass, but that seems like such a pain and time consuming. I also wonder if it would be easier to simply remove the sensors.

Thanks for any advice you might have!

Sophia Zhao

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
The sensors flex cable is stuck on the touch panel existing between the touch panel and bezel, so it's easy to remove. You can remove it after heat or just with force. If you didn't break the original one, you only need to replace the glass. But if you have bought the one with sensors flex, you can replace the old.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12