- 1 Posts
What is the difference between emulated, extsdcard, and sdcard0?
I am having trouble downloading, writing, viewing anything on my sd card. It is a sandisk speed class 10. I use androzip and andexplorer, and I've tried using the stock file manager to set the home directory as extsdcard but it will not let me. Does anybody else have this problem or know a solution?
- 05-20-2014, 02:10 PM #2
Re: What is the difference between emulated, extsdcard, and sdcard0?
Welcome to Android Central! I can't answer your question about setting the home directory to the external SD card, but I can tell you that SDcard0 represents your phone's Internal Storage (i.e, the onboard ROM) while extSDcard (also known as SDcard1) represents the removable external microSD card. I think Emulated has to do with how Android handles multiple accounts, and is simply a duplicate of the SDcard0 and SDcard1 directories. It's not that the files are completely duplicated--I think only the directory structure is duplicated, referring to the same files.
- By p08757 in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 3Last Post: 05-23-2014, 10:56 AM
- By Uncle Remus in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 05-22-2014, 07:03 PM
- By Nick Clemmons in forum HTC One M8Replies: 5Last Post: 05-21-2014, 07:14 AM
- By vajrang in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 05-20-2014, 10:48 AM
- By smokawhat in forum HTC One M8Replies: 0Last Post: 05-20-2014, 08:39 AM