Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Update OTA

I just got a OTA update should I update? I'm on 4.3 , if so does it reset the phone? And could I make a cwm backup and restore it if I don't like it? Will I lose root?

Sent from my SPH-L710

ROM
    Stock 4.4

Default Re: Update OTA

Quote Originally Posted by swungspeedz View Post
    I just got a OTA update should I update? I'm on 4.3 , if so does it reset the phone? And could I make a cwm backup and restore it if I don't like it? Will I lose root?

Sent from my SPH-L710
    If you are rooted, do NOT accept the OTA update. Find your course of action I other threads on here or XDA, but deffo do not execute the OTA stock 4.4 update.

cheers/dom
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by dominick View Post
    If you are rooted, do NOT accept the OTA update. Find your course of action I other threads on here or XDA, but deffo do not execute the OTA stock 4.4 update.

cheers/dom
    How do I disable notification and update

Sent from my SPH-L710

If you long press on the notification, and then tap App Info, you'll go to a page where you can turn off notifications. This will only last for a while, though, and then you'll get the notification again.

Your options to get the update are to use ODIN unroot and go back to stock 4.3, then accept the OTA, or to use Odin to flash 4.4.2. Both options will wipe your data on the internal SD card, so be sure to backup all your important information first.

I think it's easier to just Odin 4.4.2. You'll lose root, but it's easy to root 4.4.2. You could even restore from a CWM nandroid if you wanted to.

See this thread for more info: [FULL RESTORE][TAR] Stock ND8 Odin FLASHABLE [4.4.2] - xda-developers
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.