Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Suddenly Drained

I have had my phone for about a year and a half. I use it on a daily basis and for hours at a time. This issue has never happened before.

I was using my phone all day a couple days ago and I just took it off the charger because I was getting ready to leave to go somewhere. When I left this place not even an hour later, I looked at my battery and it was at 70%. Im not sure where it was when I took it off the charger.
    20 minutes later, my phone had shut itself off entirely and would not turn on at all. I tried to put it on the charger and it still wouldn't even show the charging screen like it normally does when I put it on the charger while it's off. I tried to turn it on while it was on the charger and it would not turn on. Being frustrated at this point, i switched my number to one of my old phones and got a hold of Samsung the next day to see if they could help me. They told me the same thing, put it on the charger and try to turn it on. Again, nothing. After they walked me through every possible way to get it to start up, and nothing working, they told me to take it where it can be physically looked at because it was probably a hardware issue.

Two days after the issue started, I still could not take it in to have it looked at. I figured I would try again. So i tried to turn it on, it vibrated like it was going to turn on, but did nothing. Same thing it had kept doing in the beginning. So i put it on the charger. The charging screen showed right up. I turned it on, and it turned on without an issue and is now charging and acting completely normal. The only weird thing is, when I last saw, the battery was around 65-70% and it was at 0% when it turned on.

I would like to know if anyone else has had this issue? Also, should I switch my number back over or wait and take it to have it looked at?

Default Re: Battery Suddenly Drained

Welcome to Android Central! Might be a red flag that your battery is starting to fail. Take it out, lay it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which means it's failing. Even if it doesn't spin, it might be worth getting a new battery. I wouldn't be surprised if a 1.5 year old battery starts to go bad.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you for the help! I let it charge completely and it charged up to 100% without any issues, and also seems to be holding a charge, as far as I can tell. I will play around with it and run the battery down today and see if it still messes up, if not I will probably be switching my number back over, and getting a new battery just in case this happens again.
    Again, thank you!

The other thing to know would be if you had left the phone in a hot car, or some other place with high temps, which can quickly discharge a battery.