Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stupid fast battery drain...help?

My s3 has been having a hard time surviving the day. If I'm lucky I'll get 8-9 hours of usage before I have to go recharge. Its currently on firmware 4.3. When i first did a factory reset. the battery life was just awesome. I was getting 14+ hours on a charge for the first 2 weeks and after that its terrible. Just today I got almost 5 hours on a charge with 1 hour of screen time. So I don't know what is going on, is my battery shot?, is it a software problem?, any fixes? I don't have any apps running in the background and I've turned off sync and everything too. I've tried almost everything on the forums and no luck.
    I don't know if this is relevant or not but for some reason even if my wifi is off system manager shows that wifi is constantly on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stupid fast battery drain...help?-screenshot_2014-06-15-21-41-19.png   Stupid fast battery drain...help?-screenshot_2014-06-15-21-41-30.png   Stupid fast battery drain...help?-screenshot_2014-06-15-21-41-39.png   Stupid fast battery drain...help?-screenshot_2014-06-15-21-52-41.png   Stupid fast battery drain...help?-screenshot_2014-06-15-21-52-53.png  

Stupid fast battery drain...help?-screenshot_2014-06-15-21-52-59.png   Stupid fast battery drain...help?-screenshot_2014-06-15-21-53-05.png  

Global Posts
    25,305 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Stupid fast battery drain...help?

Welcome to the forums.
    Try going into wifi advanced settings and turn off 'Scanning always available'. I think this is linked to Location and high accuracy setting. See if those help.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Nothing looks really out of place except the sudden drop from 40% to 12% there at the end, which seems to be most of the Screen On time. That's not even an unusual amount of Screen On time either.

The only thing that stands out is the marginal cellular signal; if you were also on 4G/LTE the whole time then that might account for the poor battery life - unfortunately, I'm not aware of an app that allows you to track your Mobile data signal quality, but you could use GSam Battery Monitor: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.gsamlabs.bbm to get a breakdown of your cellular signal quality.
    You could try switching to 3G or using Wi-Fi to see if you notice any difference, or even put the phone into Airplane mode to see if it's the radios that are accounting for your battery loss.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

I have a clock widget via Zooper Widget Pro and one of the options that I decided to try was updating the weather and location even when phone is in "standby" or whatever. I didn't think it would really have a drastic impact, but my drain almost exactly like that. I couldn't believe it. Not sure if you even have that program or perhaps another app that has an option to stay running. Might be something to look into.
    Thanked by:
    GSDer 

You can try some apps such as greenify, lux lite, ds battery saver, wake lock detector

Have you tried wiping the cache partition? My battery was draining fast until I tried this.

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
    2. Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:

Volume Up key
    Home key
    Power key

3. When the phone vibrates, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
    4. When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
    5. Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
    6. Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache.
    7. With 'reboot system now' highlighted, press the Power key to restart the device.