Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Man of La Mancha

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

Smile Do I need a new battery?

Ok, Sprint unrooted SG3 here....I have had it for 2 years.

Lately, the battery life has sucked beyond belief. I can see the battery life just tick away. Most times when watching it, it says Android System almost 40%...etc...

If I go to take a picture, the screen gets fuzzy and then the phone shuts down. It could have 55-70% and then it would have zero. I take the battery off and back in again and then everything is fine.

I have a feeling I need a new battery, but was curious about any other options. Also, any good battery monitoring software like gsam ?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    21,637 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Do I need a new battery?

I would take the battery out and place on a flat surface and try to spin it. If it does easily, it is bulged and needs to be replaced.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    mak916 likes this.

Based on the symptoms you describe your battery is shot. The Rav Power 2250mAh batteries have received good recommendations.

Battery Monitor Widget http://market.android.com/details?id=ccc71.bmw
    GSam Battery Monitor Pro http://market.android.com/details?id...amlabs.bbm.pro

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Man of La Mancha

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

Thanks I just googled the program and it seems alot of people are having this issue.
    I do not have insurance on my phone, which sucks, I will check out the battery and go on from there.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/158136
    It looks like Sprint does not really want to deal with this issue.
    Fuzzy pictures, then the phone shuts down ....no bueno.
    At least I am not alone.

There's nothing for Sprint to deal with - if people would replace their two year old batteries the problem would go away. Batteries are dirt cheap - 2 x RAVPower® 3.8V 2250mAh Cell phone Rechargeable Battery for Sams... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009758KK6/...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Be aware of the need for batteries with the NFC antenna if you are using Wallet/PayPass or NFC tags for other functions.
    I have been using these batteries for about a year now and they seem to last as long as OEM.
    Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy S3 2 x Battery + Charger (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i535, T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung T999, U.S. Cellular Samsung
    SPH-L710, Note 10.1 2014

I recently purchased a zerolemon 7000mah battery and the results are impressive. Im pushing 2 1/2-3 days on a full charge with pretty extreme usage.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Man of La Mancha

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

I did get a new battery, OEM from amazon, 10 bucks. It seems to help. i can get about a day on a full charge....after 2 years I am guessing that the battery will just plain blow.

thank you for the great responses. I appreciate it.