How is everyone doing on 4.4?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to ask how everyone is doing with 4.4. I'm rooted and just reverted back to 4.1.2 because my 4.3 rom wasn't great with battery life. Most 4.3 roms weren't great at all actually for me. So I'm looking to see if 4.4 is doing well with everyone or not. I'm Knox free but would be willing to get knoxed up (lolol) if its worth it!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
4.4 is working fine for me. For me, 4.3 was about the same as 4.1.2 (in terms of battery life). 4.4 is probably slightly better for me, but not by much.

Note that once you upgrade to the 4.4 Kernel, you can't revert to a 4.3 or earlier Kernel. You can flash 4.3 ROMs, but cannot use Odin or Kies to flash a complete 4.3 ROM.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
4.4 is working fine for me. For me, 4.3 was about the same as 4.1.2 (in terms of battery life). 4.4 is probably slightly better for me, but not by much.

Note that once you upgrade to the 4.4 Kernel, you can't revert to a 4.3 or earlier Kernel. You can flash 4.3 ROMs, but cannot use Odin or Kies to flash a complete 4.3 ROM.

Well thats good to know man! I'm kind of tired of trying custom roms and just want a stock rom that just works well so at this point, I don't really care about having root or rooting for that matter. I understand that I can't go back to older kernels but would I be able to use a nandroid backup of a 4.1.2 rooted stock rom?? I know the kernel wouldn't change but would the rom with the new kernel work? One last thing Meyer, in order to go fully back to stock, do I need to odin (or flash) back to 4.1/4.3 or can I just odin/flash straight to stock 4.4?? Thanks for your help! Really appreciate it!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Is the mobile data toggle available within the notification area in 4.4 update or was it removed for everyone on Sprint? I'm hoping its just my device and just have to re-odin 4.4 tar or something else. Other than that, my device is working nicely!