Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How is everyone doing on 4.4?

Just wanted to ask how everyone is doing with 4.4. I'm rooted and just reverted back to 4.1.2 because my 4.3 rom wasn't great with battery life. Most 4.3 roms weren't great at all actually for me. So I'm looking to see if 4.4 is doing well with everyone or not. I'm Knox free but would be willing to get knoxed up (lolol) if its worth it!

Default Re: How is everyone doing on 4.4?

4.4 is working fine for me. For me, 4.3 was about the same as 4.1.2 (in terms of battery life). 4.4 is probably slightly better for me, but not by much.

Note that once you upgrade to the 4.4 Kernel, you can't revert to a 4.3 or earlier Kernel. You can flash 4.3 ROMs, but cannot use Odin or Kies to flash a complete 4.3 ROM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    4.4 is working fine for me. For me, 4.3 was about the same as 4.1.2 (in terms of battery life). 4.4 is probably slightly better for me, but not by much.

Note that once you upgrade to the 4.4 Kernel, you can't revert to a 4.3 or earlier Kernel. You can flash 4.3 ROMs, but cannot use Odin or Kies to flash a complete 4.3 ROM.
    Well thats good to know man! I'm kind of tired of trying custom roms and just want a stock rom that just works well so at this point, I don't really care about having root or rooting for that matter. I understand that I can't go back to older kernels but would I be able to use a nandroid backup of a 4.1.2 rooted stock rom?? I know the kernel wouldn't change but would the rom with the new kernel work? One last thing Meyer, in order to go fully back to stock, do I need to odin (or flash) back to 4.1/4.3 or can I just odin/flash straight to stock 4.4?? Thanks for your help! Really appreciate it!

Yes, you should be able to restore a nandroid backup of an earlier ROM. I haven't tried it, but other people have done it successfully.

The easiest way to get to stock ND8 is just to flash the ND8 ROM through Odin. No need to go back to 4.1 or 4.3. You can get the stock ROM here if you don't already have it.

[FULL RESTORE][TAR] Stock ND8 Odin FLASHABLE [4.4.2] - xda-developers
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes, you should be able to restore a nandroid backup of an earlier ROM. I haven't tried it, but other people have done it successfully.

The easiest way to get to stock ND8 is just to flash the ND8 ROM through Odin. No need to go back to 4.1 or 4.3. You can get the stock ROM here if you don't already have it.

[FULL RESTORE][TAR] Stock ND8 Odin FLASHABLE [4.4.2] - xda-developers
    Thank you for the info!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Is the mobile data toggle available within the notification area in 4.4 update or was it removed for everyone on Sprint? I'm hoping its just my device and just have to re-odin 4.4 tar or something else. Other than that, my device is working nicely!

Try flashing these: [STOCK ROM][4.4] ND8 Kitkat ROM - Post #790 - XDA Forum

Do extra toggles first, then more toggles.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Try flashing these: [STOCK ROM][4.4] ND8 Kitkat ROM - Post #790 - XDA Forum

Do extra toggles first, then more toggles.
    Thanks Meyer! I've moved on to the G3 but I'll make use of this since my S3 is now my back up.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    I've moved on to the G3
    GSDer is jealous

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk