Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Photos and Music are missing

I think this happened after an operating system software update.

When I launch the music player, I see no songs. When I launch Gallery, I only see pictures taken since June 26, 2014. If I send a picture from my Note 2 to this S3, the download completes but I don't see the image when I launch Gallery. When I launch My Files and look in Music, I see all my music in /storage/emulated/0/Music. I see pictures in /storage/emulated/0/Pictures. I see other pictures in /storage/emulated/0/DCIM. I also found the picture sent from the Note 2 in /storage/emulated/0/Download.

Why can't my Apps see my music and pictures?

If it matters, everything is stored on the phone. There is no SD card installed.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: Photos and Music are missing

Welcome to Android Central! Try going to the App Manager, selecting the Music and Gallery apps, and Clearing Cache/Clearing Data on both. Force Stop them for good measure. Then open them again, and wait for their databases to repopulate--do they show up now?

Default Re: Photos and Music are missing

A very similar situation happened to me, My screen cracked so i tried to save my images by connecting a USB to my computer. Photos that Ive deleted a very long time ago, screen shots, edited photos and some unedited were there. But most of my original images cant be found? My birthday recently passed prior to my phone breaking and out of 90 images there is only 1? Any idea on what I need to do to get these photos back? My phone was always "Backing up" but i cant find the images anywhere not Drop box or Google +. ?