Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Play Music gapless playback

I know that Google play music should have gapless playback but it doesn't work on my on Galaxy S3 phone. I continuously get a 1 sec gap between 1 track and the next. I have tried to clear out all of the cache files and any data saved on the phone with no luck. I tried to uninstall the music app and re-install with no luck. Even if I download an album directly to my phone and play it there it still has a 1 sec gap. On my Galaxy Tab Pro there is still a gap but it is 1-2 miliseconds which I can handle. Anybody else have problems like this? Thanks for your help

Default Re: Google Play Music gapless playback

Welcome to Android Central! I'm not getting gapless playback while streaming. I can't say if it was ever gapless, though. The gap I hear in an album that's supposed to be a continuous mix is about a couple tenths of a second.

Hmm, I saw this article from 2012 saying that gapless playback support was added: Google Play Music updated with gapless playback support | Android Central.

Maybe we should all send feedback to Google to let them know it doesn't seem to work!

Here's a long thread about this issue: http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...le-play-3.html