Lockscreen Password Removal/Encryption.

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Good Morning
My school went to office365/outlook for our email systems and they said we could download the OWA software for our email.
However when I went to download the software and set up the program it said I needed to encrypt my phone, so I did and it set up that passcode lockscreen.

I tried to disable it, and go back to a simple pattern lockscreen which I had, and its locked.

Any help with this? I will gladly just check my email via the website, instead of the OWA software app.....if it means I can have a little easier way to get into my phone.

I tried to go to settings, and put none as passcode when setting it up, and I must be a tad slow or something.

Any help would be grateful.
I am guessing I might have to do a hard reset to get the problem fixed ;(

:-*

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Just a little bit lower in that same menu should be an option to encrypt your phone, which also requires the use of a PIN or passcode. See if that is checked and if there's an option to decrypt it (I've never set my phone to encrypt, so not sure if this can be undone without the hard reset).

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The requirement for encryption and a pin lock is enforced at the server level, and can't be overridden at the phone. It CAN be overridden by your email administrator, but if they've decided to enforce the pinlock and encryption rules there's nothing you can do about it.

If you don't want to use a pin lock, you'll need to uninstall the OWA app. Then you should be able to change the lock screen options.

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I took off the OWA app, I am hoping there are other ways I can get my mail. We are using office365, trying to find other ways to get into it without having my phone encrypted. I noticed it was alot slower.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams