Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Phone wont start or charge

Hi, I took a fall on my mountain bike and then realized that my phone was turned off, I had a case and screen protector so the phone did not suffered any damage but now the phone wont turn on or charge, tried different battery and chargers, open the case removed the motherboard and checked for any cracks and put it back, and all the connectors were tight. took it to sprint repair shop but they could not get it to communicate with a PC.
    I notice that when I put the changed battery the back of the phone gets warm.

My question is: would changing the mother board might solve this problem (I found one on ebay for 41$) are there other components that may be causing the same symptoms?
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, before I invest money on a motherboard.

Default Re: Phone wont start or charge

Are you a gambling man? Because it's pretty much a crap shoot as to whether the mainboard will solve your problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Herduc likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I took it to a repair shop and after some testing, they think that the culprit may be the motherboard. Somebody that specializes on that will check some test points on the board to see if it can be repaired or will have to be replaced.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have my Galaxy back! after being ignored by Samsung and sprint, I took it to a repair shop by my house and for 75$, put a new logic board and was able to activate it at sprint with no problem. Phone runs great.
    GSDer likes this.