strange phone information showing in google account for the SPH-L710

arcolino

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I have a galaxy s3 from sprint SPH-L710. The phone will not take the last 4.4 update, I believe it’s due to the files don’t match because of the root and the sprint hot spot mod. But I noticed that my google play is not showing the right phone. It’s showing a GT-I9500 and my google security devices and activity are showing the galaxy s3 SPH-L710 which is correct, but when I click on find my device it shows a GT-I9500 which I never had, and it can’t find the device. Also under google security devices it is showing a galaxy s4 which I never had last synced 12/26/14 model GT-I9500 and I do not have the option to remove it. Also showing a galaxy s2 GT-I9100 last synced 12/13/14. I have not used my galaxy s2 in years, plus its deactivated and it’s a SPH-D710, it’s also showing a Samsung galaxy note 2 last synced 12/13/14 model GT-N7100 which I never owned or used.

anybody else seeing phantom devices in their security google information?
https://security.google.com/

I’m not sure what could be causing this? I only have done two changes on the phone, the root and the sprint hotspot mod. Whats the best way to proceed? remove both changes then do the update and see if those phantom devices go away? then root back the phone and put the sprint hot spot mod back? I cant lose phone or data. I am not phone hacking and moding guru. I’ve done it before with the oden tool but that is probably once or twice every two years. So as much walk through help will be appreciated.

PHONE INFO: under about device, model SPH-L710, android ver 4.3, baseband ver L710VPUCMK3, kernel ver 3.0.31-G1AC4B4-DIRTY CNEXUS@NODE2-C6100.CODEFI.RE #1 SUN NOV 24, 12.30.47 PST 2013, build JSS15J.L710VPUCMK3, se for android status PERMISSIVE, hardware ver L710.14

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
You rooted your phone and hacked for hotspot, and you wonder why it won't take the OTA???

Read the stickies and revert to stock.
THEN take the OS update.
Realize that you may need a new file to root, and the hotspot mod might not work anymore.

You phone is showing a device description for the international version.

I used Odin 1.85 to root my phone.
Not sure about a oneclick fot the latest rom update.

arcolino

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
lol 85% of what I wrote is about the phantom devices showing in my profile and your main take away is, your phone is rooted etc how come you dont know it will not take an update because of that??? lol I might have missed this but I don’t recall seeing a lot of post of rooted phones not taking updates. And I have rooted phones and made mods of about 4 phones in the past over a 4 or 5 year span and not on a regular basis. I dont recall it causing no updates and phantom phones and devices showing up in my google profile especially a tablet and a s4 popping on there that’s a stretch.

lol "read stickies and revert to stock" there are so many post about this and that, this rom or that rom etc. etc. and going by what you are saying “device description for the international version” that raise the question do I flash stock to what the description says or what it actually is, and where is it getting the “international version” info from because the actual phone does not show any of that information. Plus the potential of bricking the phone.

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Go back to however the phone was when you got it from Sprint.
(You made an image, right?)
Read Skunkape's thread "unroot & return to stock"

Sprint wants you to pay every month for tethering.
Their rom is going to have this feature disabled.
'Hacking' tethering requires a different device profile.

Dev's are going to work with the 'world' device.
It already has all the features unlocked.

(Commentary snipped)

arcolino

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
this one?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-30-2012-sprint-only-unroot-return-stock.html

there is a big warning that says

" DO NOT FOLLOW THIS PROCEDURE IF YOUR PHONE HAS RECEIVED THE OFFICIAL UPDATE TO ANDROID 4.3. ATTEMPTING THIS PROCEDURE WITH A PHONE WHICH HAS BEEN UPDATED TO ANDROID 4.3 WILL PROBABLY HARD BRICK YOUR PHONE."

I'm on 4.3 looking to go to 4.4

lots of "skunkape60" post were started in 2012, one started in the beginning of 2013 and that was for a root/unroot a sprint note2