Sprint ONE April 19th

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Hope you're enjoying the weather in St. Pete, Scott. (I worked for the Times for about 20 years.) It's 29 degrees here in Denver, but I won't care as long as I get my phone by tomorrow. :)

Ha, nice. Thanks! My drive with the top down felt pretty good today, I gotta say. It'll feel better tomorrow though with the One in hand.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if everyone here realizes that this same thread has been created for every major Sprint launch? And every complaint in here has been complained about before. It's like being in a time machine... you guys should look at some of those threads.

vhira82

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if everyone here realizes that this same thread has been created for every major Sprint launch? And every complaint in here has been complained about before. It's like being in a time machine... you guys should look at some of those threads.

We have short memories!

indomie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
On another note, Everyone here do the HTC getting Started online setup?

You know, I started to go through that process when I first preregistered, but I got weirded out at sending personal info. If I remember correctly, it wanted my email login details and more... then I had the option to save to Facebook (no way!) or HTC. In the end, I decided it wouldn't take that long to set up exactly how I want to by myself.

My current phone is HTC anyway, so it will be easy enough to do a phone to phone transfer.

Gravislord

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Yup, same update for me:

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Friday, 04/19/2013, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Monday, 04/22/2013, By End of Day

RickAfterDark

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Yup, same update for me:

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Friday, 04/19/2013, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Monday, 04/22/2013, By End of Day

No update here yet. Still scheduled for Monday. I'm trying very hard not to drive myself crazy by checking it constantly. This might require an Ambien.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
You all should count yourselves luck even if you do get it on Monday. Black is not even available yet somehow my order is showing the black version so they are just now changing it to silver! WTF! I will be lucky to get mine by the middle of the week next week. I have never pre-ordered a phone, now I know why.

D*** I'm mad right now.

Last edited:

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Exactly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RickAfterDark

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

I'm sure that's true, and I'm sure it will happen again next time, but for those of us who haven't been through the pre-order insanity, the process still seems a little, well, insane. Every launch shouldn't come down to a last-minute scramble that feels like there's four seconds left on the clock in Game 7 of a championship. When people lay out $200-plus two weeks in advance and are told to expect their phones by Friday, information should be communicated to them more professionally. Sprint customers shouldn't have to monitor discussion forums just to try to make sense of the process. That's just poor customer service.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure that's true, and I'm sure it will happen again next time, but for those of us who haven't been through the pre-order insanity, the process still seems a little, well, insane. Every launch shouldn't come down to a last-minute scramble that feels like there's four seconds left on the clock in Game 7 of a championship. When people lay out $200-plus two weeks in advance and are told to expect their phones by Friday, information should be communicated to them more professionally. Sprint customers shouldn't have to monitor discussion forums just to try to make sense of the process. That's just poor customer service.

Agreed. I have also read plenty of other threads on the internet saying Sprint usually get's pre-orders in customers hands a day early so I think we have reason to be a little upset.

Edit:
Let me clarify. I didn't expect my phone a day early but it's looking like I won't have my phone until next week sometime and plenty of people are seeing an expected delivery of Monday. If we didn't want the phone on launch day we wouldn't have pre-ordered.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
The confusion doesn't come from Sprint. The confusion comes from Speculation and over analyzing misinformation on forums. Sprint's story hasn't changed and is not innacurate.

Luca_Blight

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I think its just something wrong with there system. Mine said I would receive it Monday about 2 hours ago. I rechecked it and now its Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Friday, 04/19/2013, By End of Day. I pre-ordered mine on 4/11 and live in Atlanta. Don't know if that help but would like to give anyone some hope just give it time :)

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The confusion doesn't come from Sprint. The confusion comes from Speculation and over analyzing misinformation on forums. Sprint's story hasn't changed and is not innacurate.

Oh really? So I must have selected black even though when you select black it says out of stock and won't let you add it to your cart! Interesting, now I know why I'm not getting my phone tomorrow, my fault! :confused:

RickAfterDark

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

I didn't say it was inaccurate. I'm saying that the information from Sprint should be clearer and communicated better. I have a shipping confirmation from Sprint (though I had to locate it in my spam folder), but even now, my order status on the site still says "Order in Progress," and the funds remain credited to my account. That's one day before the expected arrival of a phone that I pre-ordered to ensure delivery on or before the launch date. Feel free to disagree, but that's not an optimal system. That's a system that forces such speculation and "overanalysis."

RickAfterDark

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
That said, my UPS shipping information just updated to Friday delivery, so I'm very pleased to finally have confirmation that I should be home for the phone's arrival tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney