Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 96
Like Tree27Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card

    so does this phone works straight away with international GSM SIMs without having to contact Sprint for unlocking? ( Like the newer verizon phones )
  2. #27  
    iBowToAndroid's Avatar

    Posts
    705 Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card

    Quote Originally Posted by somdave2005 View Post
    Are you sure? I can't find anything regarding this. Can you provide a link? thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by kancherlapraneeth View Post
    so does this phone works straight away with international GSM SIMs without having to contact Sprint for unlocking? ( Like the newer verizon phones )
    99% sure that's not gonna be the case
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+
    Thanked by:
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card

    Quote Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid View Post


    99% sure that's not gonna be the case
    And why do you think that.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  4. #29  
    iBowToAndroid's Avatar

    Posts
    705 Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card

    Quote Originally Posted by usguyver View Post
    And why do you think that.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Because none of Sprint's global phones have ever been that way..?
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+
  5. #30  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card

    Quote Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid View Post
    Because none of Sprint's global phones have ever been that way..?
    Yes they have the design and the photon where unlocked foe use over seas because they had sim cards. I had the design and all I had to do is put another sim and it works it's going to be the same with the one and the s4 they just won't work on a gsm network here I the states.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card

    Quote Originally Posted by spridell View Post
    So what is the process through Sprint where they will unlock the phone for you?
    I think it will come unlocked already or if your in good standing after only a couple months you can call and ask and it will be done. Sprint usually is pretty good about that.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card

    Now that the phone is out. Has anyone actually called Sprint regarding unlocking?
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card

    I am a Sprint Product Ambassador supporting the launch of the One and am here to help.

    The device is worldmode and supports overseas int'l roaming frequencies, it does not work on GSM/HSPA/UTMS freqiencies domestically so it can't be used on ATT or TMo. It's mentioned briefly in the press release:



    "Additionally, HTC One boasts a 4.7-inch, full-HD 1080p display, 1.7GHz quad-core processor, international roaming capabilities and Near Field Communications (NFC)."

    Sprint Worldwide Care is the group you need to call to help you unlock the device.


    1-888-226-7212, option 2


    They should know exactly what to do. If the rep can't help you, let them know that they should have access to an internal knowledge base that has an article about how to unlock a device for international use with a 3rd party SIM. Searching the DB for some of those keywords should get them where they need to go.

    If you have any questions please let me know.
    Thanked by 15:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card, and, yes, it's a global roamer

    Awesome. I think that seals the deal for me. HTC One, come to papa!

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  10. #35  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card, and, yes, it's a global roamer

    I'm really stupid when it comes to this stuff (international roaming) but how does that actually work? I call Sprint, get it unlocked, and then I can use a SIM in a different country to access their networks? How much will that cost me? Will I have to get an international plan for Sprint? I'm so confused.

    I'm headed to Hong Kong and Tokyo next month and it would be useful to know this I guess.
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card

    Will it work with ANY international SIM card or do we have to go through Sprint while we are overseas?

    I know Sprint has some World phones but they make you go through Sprint while overseas.
    phaeton likes this.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card, and, yes, it's a global roamer

    When you get you phone unlocked you just get a new SIM card in the country of your choice and pop it in to use on that country's network with that country's rate.
    Thanked by:
  13. #38  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card, and, yes, it's a global roamer

    they are just prepaid sims like you get here. the whole point is NOT to use sprint roaming

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
  14. #39  
    sjcdal's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card

    Quote Originally Posted by mattvalenz View Post
    I am a Sprint Product Ambassador supporting the launch of the One and am here to help.

    Sprint Worldwide Care is the group you need to call to help you unlock the device.
    1-888-226-7212, option 2
    they should know exactly what to do. If the rep can't help you, let them know that they should have access to an internal knowledge base that has an article about how to unlock a device for international use with a 3rd party SIM. Searching the DB for some of those keywords should get them where they need to go.

    If you have any questions please let me know.
    This is a major deal for me...I bought a Wildfire and had it unlocked just to have something to travel with overseas. But it of course has none of my apps etc..

    Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:49 AM
    I am on the phone with them now...rep pulled up notice that the phone IS available for unlocking...but must be on the account for 90 days. I paid out of contract retail for mine, so she is checking with supervisor now to see how they get around that.....
    OK... came back and again said the 90 day requirement was keeping her system from allowing her to unlock..
    About to get supervisor on the line with me to try and get it done..

    Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:53 AM
    Supervisor (Andrea) refused to unlock "at LEAST until it has been on the system for 90 days...and in fact usually we require that you have a new two year agreement and be 90 days into it before we will unlock." I explained I am a 13+ year sprint customer 4 lines, paid retail for this phone and it is activated on my existing contract. "I understand sir, but we are not unlocking this for at least 90 days, and might still require that you had a new 2 year agreement".
    Crazy, no?
    misc>Launch Day PalmPre>>Launch Day EVO!>ditto Evo 3d>>Ditto Evo LTE>HTC ONE
    Thanked by 2:
  15. #40  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card

    Well if that is true than that is very very sad.

    There is no reason why they should not unlock the phone right away.

    Especially if you paid full price.
    somdave2005 likes this.
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card

    Quote Originally Posted by sjcdal View Post
    This is a major deal for me...I bought a Wildfire and had it unlocked just to have something to travel with overseas. But it of course has none of my apps etc..

    Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:49 AM
    I am on the phone with them now...rep pulled up notice that the phone IS available for unlocking...but must be on the account for 90 days. I paid out of contract retail for mine, so she is checking with supervisor now to see how they get around that.....
    OK... came back and again said the 90 day requirement was keeping her system from allowing her to unlock..
    About to get supervisor on the line with me to try and get it done..

    Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:53 AM
    Supervisor (Andrea) refused to unlock "at LEAST until it has been on the system for 90 days...and in fact usually we require that you have a new two year agreement and be 90 days into it before we will unlock." I explained I am a 13+ year sprint customer 4 lines, paid retail for this phone and it is activated on my existing contract. "I understand sir, but we are not unlocking this for at least 90 days, and might still require that you had a new 2 year agreement".
    Crazy, no?
    It's not only crazy, it's very short-sighted from a business standpoint. Go above her. Write Dan if you have to. But don't let them (or any company) take your continued business for granted. Ask them if they'd like to lose that business.
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card

    Quote Originally Posted by sjcdal View Post
    This is a major deal for me...I bought a Wildfire and had it unlocked just to have something to travel with overseas. But it of course has none of my apps etc..

    Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:49 AM
    I am on the phone with them now...rep pulled up notice that the phone IS available for unlocking...but must be on the account for 90 days. I paid out of contract retail for mine, so she is checking with supervisor now to see how they get around that.....
    OK... came back and again said the 90 day requirement was keeping her system from allowing her to unlock..
    About to get supervisor on the line with me to try and get it done..

    Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:53 AM
    Supervisor (Andrea) refused to unlock "at LEAST until it has been on the system for 90 days...and in fact usually we require that you have a new two year agreement and be 90 days into it before we will unlock." I explained I am a 13+ year sprint customer 4 lines, paid retail for this phone and it is activated on my existing contract. "I understand sir, but we are not unlocking this for at least 90 days, and might still require that you had a new 2 year agreement".
    Crazy, no?

    That IS a huge deal. Why do they make you wait for 90 days when you are a long time Sprint customer and paid for the phone out of pocket? I don't like the sound of this. I'm going to hold off buying a new phone until I hear more about this. Keep us up to date.
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card, and, yes, it's a global roamer

    Hello

    I work with mattvalenz and have more information on this. HTC ONE is a global phone where, once unlocked, you can roam internationally by swapping Sprint's SIM with a local carrier abroad. However, the phone is SIM LOCKED out of the box. It will not work on US GSM carriers like AT&T or T-Mobile, etc. You need to call Sprint International at (888) 226-7212 and request unlock. You must have the phone activated on your account for at least 90 days and your account must be in good standing in order to qualify. Please ask the International department for more details.

    - - - Updated - - -

    the 90 days is to prevent fraud and it also complies with the federal and state laws.
    doc31 likes this.
  19. #44  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card, and, yes, it's a global roamer

    Quote Originally Posted by kams01 View Post
    Hello

    I work with mattvalenz and have more information on this. HTC ONE is a global phone where, once unlocked, you can roam internationally by swapping Sprint's SIM with a local carrier abroad. However, the phone is SIM LOCKED out of the box. It will not work on US GSM carriers like AT&T or T-Mobile, etc. You need to call Sprint International at (888) 226-7212 and request unlock. You must have the phone activated on your account for at least 90 days and your account must be in good standing in order to qualify. Please ask the International department for more details.

    - - - Updated - - -

    the 90 days is to prevent fraud and it also complies with the federal and state laws.
    There's no fraud with an existing long time customer. This policy would make sense if it were a new customer, but not somone who has been with them for years. As for complying with laws, why is one locked phone an issue in this regard, but an unlocked phone from say, HTC's website is not and has no waiting period? This makes little sense.
  20. #45  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card, and, yes, it's a global roamer

    I upgraded to the HTC One based on MattValenz' post. Mistake to upgrade in a hurry based on a forum post I guess.

    Sprint's story has changed once again - now they claim they have "no ability to unlock the phone for 90 days". The supervisor I spoke with said its not a policy - they (suddenly) simply don't have the ability. I referenced this post on AndroidCentral - he basically said Mattvalenz is wrong - they do not have any ability. Sounded like a robot while he recited that - almost as if it was in his latest script that came from higher up.

    So I asked him what changes in 90 days? He said he will (magically I suppose?) have the ability in 90 days.

    kams01 - if you are a Sprint employee and if anybody at Sprint cares - its these little customer interactions that keep you in third place and struggling for survival.

    The sole reason I bought this phone was to not have to carry another device when I travel internationally. And the device has the technology to do it, but Sprint management has decided to inconvenience customers like me once again.

    I'd be very interested in what federal and state laws you cite that would be broken. The DMCA ruling you are probably referring to may make it illegal for an end consumer to unlock the device, but Sprint can do it as soon as you walk out of the store, at its discretion. Sprint simply decided on an arbitrary 90 days.

    Between you and the Sprint call center - there is not a whole lot of credibility to your excuses. It is more likely that some asinine executive in Overland Park HQ decided that you might lose a few dollars in international roaming charges if too many devices are unlocked, and that's why Sprint did an about face. Some honesty about this would do more to restore Sprint's credibility than citing laws that do not exist.
    Last edited by anonymouse70; 04-26-2013 at 06:26 PM.
  21. #46  

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card, and, yes, it's a global roamer

    I'm still curious what reposonse you will get by emailing Dan's office. Have you done that yet? Might as well go straight to the top. Just this week Dan stated one of his goals was to retain customers. This policy does not seem to be in alignment with that goal. You don't retain customers by alienating them.
  22. #47  
    sjcdal's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card, and, yes, it's a global roamer

    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGator View Post
    I'm still curious what reposonse you will get by emailing Dan's office. Have you done that yet? Might as well go straight to the top. Just this week Dan stated one of his goals was to retain customers. This policy does not seem to be in alignment with that goal. You don't retain customers by alienating them.
    I have not done that yet...I don't currently have an overseas trip in the works, so it is not YET critical. But citing law as a reason is bogus. The law ALLOWS them to keep the phone locked, but it Sprint's stupid POLICY that is doing so in this case. No legit reason to do so when I paid full retail, and I activated it, and I want to keep it activated on Sprint and will fulfill the remainder of my existing contract.
    misc>Launch Day PalmPre>>Launch Day EVO!>ditto Evo 3d>>Ditto Evo LTE>HTC ONE
  23. #48  
    doc31's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    872 Global Posts

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card, and, yes, it's a global roamer

    Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know I was able to have my One unlock. I admit it I don't really have a issue with Sprint 90 day rule but I wanted to see how much I could push there CS so I received the standard reply on first request and then I requested it be moved higher up for review which it was. I took about 4 day until they contacted me today agreeing to unlock it.
  24. #49  
    ohseedee's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card, and, yes, it's a global roamer

    It wasn't easy, but I got them to finally "unlocked" my HTC One for international use. It took several phone calls and multiple chat sessions. However, there is a catch. When they emailed me the instructions on how to unlock the HTC One on my side, the email read "This email is intended to confirm that Sprint has successfully submitted the request to unlock the device to Apple. Within 4 hours please follow the steps in the Apple support article below to complete the unlock." Apple!?!?!?!? I called back and the rep said he sent that form email by mistake and there are no steps required on my side So apparently, the phone is unlocked and no update or code has to be applied on the phone itself?? That doesn't sound right. So I'm out of options as I will be in Italy next week. So I will know then if my phone is truly unlocked. Does anyone know if there is a way to verify my phone is unlocked before I'm out of the country?

    doc31 - Did anything happen on your phone when they unlocked it? Did they make you enter any code or something?
  25. #50  
    doc31's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    872 Global Posts

    Default Re: Yes, the Sprint HTC One has a SIM card, and, yes, it's a global roamer

    Quote Originally Posted by ohseedee View Post
    It wasn't easy, but I got them to finally "unlocked" my HTC One for international use. It took several phone calls and multiple chat sessions. However, there is a catch. When they emailed me the instructions on how to unlock the HTC One on my side, the email read "This email is intended to confirm that Sprint has successfully submitted the request to unlock the device to Apple. Within 4 hours please follow the steps in the Apple support article below to complete the unlock." Apple!?!?!?!? I called back and the rep said he sent that form email by mistake and there are no steps required on my side So apparently, the phone is unlocked and no update or code has to be applied on the phone itself?? That doesn't sound right. So I'm out of options as I will be in Italy next week. So I will know then if my phone is truly unlocked. Does anyone know if there is a way to verify my phone is unlocked before I'm out of the country?

    doc31 - Did anything happen on your phone when they unlocked it? Did they make you enter any code or something?
    Nope. The email just said they unlocked it from their end and to reset my phone. When I did, I did notice there was a PRL type update.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is the Sprint HTC One a world phone?
    By Infiniteloop7 in forum HTC One
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 08:53 AM
  2. FYI: Our Sprint HTC One review is on the way
    By Phil Nickinson in forum HTC One
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-06-2013, 12:52 PM
  3. New HTC Inspire 4G has 3G sim card!
    By chasedickerson in forum AT&T Inspire 4G
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 04:49 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 02:11 PM
  5. I am tired of the waiting. I'm holding out for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G.
    By Night Train in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 09:38 AM

Posting Permissions

B