Back from Best Buy...Sprint One in hand!

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Got there first thing just before they opened...in and out fairly painlessly. Pretty sweet little toy! Looks like I got a clean one too. Smooth plastic and aluminum, no gaps that I can see, and no dead pixels. Everyone talking about how solid it feels are spot on! Gotta get back to work now, unfortunately...looking forward to playing with it some more after work.

Now...if I could just quit hitting the HTC logo instead of the new home button. hehe

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Got there first thing just before they opened...in and out fairly painlessly. Pretty sweet little toy! Looks like I got a clean one too. Smooth plastic and aluminum, no gaps that I can see, and no dead pixels. Everyone talking about how solid it feels are spot on! Gotta get back to work now, unfortunately...looking forward to playing with it some more after work.

Now...if I could just quit hitting the HTC logo instead of the new home button. hehe

Same here. Between the iPhone and the SGS3, I'm used to the home being right in the middle. Something to get used to.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Let us all know when you guys start playing, Using apps and overall opinion of your new device. Congrats to you guys.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Curious, how long did the whole "pick-up" process go ?

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Curious, how long did the whole "pick-up" process go ?

For me it took ~30 minutes, but at least some of that was due to delays the girl had with the scanner not working on her register, so she had to manually enter a lot of stuff. I'd say you shouldn't have any problems making your 6:30 appt (saw your post in other thread, too). Only thing that may get in the way is if they are busy when you arrive. I got there the same time as another guy picking his up, so we took up the two available associates...third guy that showed up had to sit and wait the half-hour it took to the two ladies to take care of ours. You work out the acct. issues w/ your Dad having to be there?

As for the transfer...can't speak to that yet. I didn't have Best Buy do any transfers...and since I had to come straight back to work, I'll be doing that stuff when I get home tonight.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
For me it took ~30 minutes, but at least some of that was due to delays the girl had with the scanner not working on her register, so she had to manually enter a lot of stuff. I'd say you shouldn't have any problems making your 6:30 appt (saw your post in other thread, too). Only thing that may get in the way is if they are busy when you arrive. I got there the same time as another guy picking his up, so we took up the two available associates...third guy that showed up had to sit and wait the half-hour it took to the two ladies to take care of ours. You work out the acct. issues w/ your Dad having to be there?

As for the transfer...can't speak to that yet. I didn't have Best Buy do any transfers...and since I had to come straight back to work, I'll be doing that stuff when I get home tonight.

Yeah i actually dropped by the best buy store last night and talked to a few employees and the manager and proved to them that i was the one who placed the order and i am the one who will be picking it up and my dad cant make it there. Wrote down the managers name for tomorrow but all the employees said they would also be at the store today at the same time and that I should have no problems pickin up the phone just by myself. So hopefully i dont have any issues but my dad will in fact be in town now so if there are any issues he can swing by the store. Hoping im not going to have to wait for a while though and really hoping the HTC transfer app doesnt transfer EVERYTHING

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
That's good...glad you got it worked out. It's nice when you run into some employees/managers that can apply a little common sense. :D

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
That's good...glad you got it worked out. It's nice when you run into some employees/managers that can apply a little common sense. :D

Yeah that was definitely the nice part ! Not sure how the issue came about in the first place though.. I mean yes its my dads acct but i gave the girl my ID to reserve the phone.. Oh well once i get everything taken care of at best buy i will report back! Going to be setting up this phone ALL night once i get back from my 630 meeting!