Htc one for sprint signal is better

masterq1104

May 28, 2012
Visit site
My htc evo 4G lte signal in 3G sucks, very slow, i notice that with the same signal strenght in 3g the htc one is much faster, could be the hardware of the phone or the location of the antennas i assuming.;)

DJ Nfinity

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I couldn't get 3g at my apartment using my Nexus S 4g, but have no problem with the One. Now, if only the one could somehow make Sprint's 3g faster. :p

autobond0069

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had the original Evo 4G, Evo 3D, and the Evo LTE, and the One has the best signal strength by far! Nice job HTC, u finally worked on that! LG and Motorola have had to this point the best signal I've used, but HTC stepped it up! Now if sprint can step up it's super slow 3G life would be complete lol.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the post, I will be looking to replace my trusty Photon 4G at the end of June or first week of July and so far I can't decide between the HTC One and Galaxy S4. But knowing the One has good signal gives it a point on my decision making process.

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of stupid lying bastards (and deserve to go to h e ll!) using Android Central Forums

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed my 3G signal is far better, but my 4G signal is far worse. This is my HTC One compared to my iPhone 5

This. They must have known Sprint will be on 3G for awhile because the 4G radio is terrible. It does switch between 3G and 4G better but picking up a 4G signal is not among its strengths. Sounds like this LTE phone plays better in the 3G sandbox.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

D3luSi0n4L

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
This. They must have known Sprint will be on 3G for awhile because the 4G radio is terrible. It does switch between 3G and 4G better but picking up a 4G signal is not among its strengths. Sounds like this LTE phone plays better in the 3G sandbox.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Yup, I'm hoping this is something HTC and Sprint will fix over time with maybe a radio update. In simple terms what I think is happening is the cutoff for grabbing a 4G signal is too aggressive. You either connect to an amazingly strong 4G signal or revert back to 3G almost immediately.