Sprint HTC ONE everything you thought it was or more?

proctorc

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have had my HTC ONE for over a week and love the camera. I don't have 4G in my current area but drive through it all the time. When out the other day tested and got speeds over 20 down. This is the best low light camera I have ever used. What are your likes and dislikes?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-03-22-27-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-03-22-27-55.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 65

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Everything I wanted AND more. Finally an android phone with iphone build quality. Just after a week of this phone, I went back to my note 2(to wipe and sell it). The note 2 felt like a giant piece of s****.

manimsoblack

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Speed
Camera
Those glorious speakers
Ease of use for some apps ex. the htc mail app handles all 5 of my email addy's and actually works really well even with my business account.

Dislikes:
Blinkfeed not being removable, though I have it set up in such a way that it's not too much of a pain.
Stupid sense "tweaks" that make things more cumbersome like adding apps to a homescreen
The button set-up is pretty awful, like I'm already getting used to it but all the black bars and the non functional center button is stupid.
I feel like sense should just be more customizable, I guess I was just spoiled by running AOSP for the last few years.

Overall I love this phone and if they tweak a few things by the first major upgrade that address some of these issues I may not even root it (first time for everything), it just works so well that I don't wanna have to deal with the inevitable quirks of custom roms and the like.

proctorc

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree about blinkfeed. I have set mine up so it's my last window to the left and homescreen is the third window. Use it mainly for news.

acrewdog

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I've found that the phone is more than the sum of it's parts. The battery life, screen quality, speakers, camera, IR Blaster, Blinkfeed, and that beautiful body all come together to make a phone that is much more than just a phone. I'm still having fun with mine.
I found that I like Blinkfeed a lot more than I expected. It is an easier way to keep track of what is shaking in the world. I'm hoping they give us more control over the feeds soon.

ghostinrags

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
This thing is THE phone. I personally despise Samsung crapware and TouchPizz. Sense 5 is awesome. Really. It is! I hated my Hero and Evo on Sense, could NOT do it. This? It's magic. Blinkfeed is fine, more control, sure, but it's fine. And I poo poo'ed it at first. I like it. It's pretty, this Sense. It's a bit cumbersome in some things, oh well. I love this device, and I'm sorry, Samsung is over rated. Good tech, but buggy and their hardware fails a lot. They stand behind their mediocre hardware though. Which is good. All in l, HTC is THE one to choose.

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Having been a diehard webOS user/fan for almost 4 years, I was leery of switching to Android. However, my worst fears were not realized, and I am amazes at what this phone can do!

doza2012

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The hardware is the reason I bought this phone. Only 3 days in, and other than working out a little quirk (no gmail notifications), I have no complaints. It's a thing of beauty.

DJ Nfinity

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
This phone is absolutely amazing. I even appreciate Blinkfeed.

Highlights:
Boomsound.
Simple, fast UI (Sense 5).
Camera.
Hardware and Build Quality.

Could Improve:
Battery Life (But even this is pretty good).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol