HTC One not staying on 4G

shaolinfinest

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only one who is experiencing this issue since the update? My phone will not connect to 4G unless I reboot my device. I went the entire week without 4G thinking it was down. My friend with a Sprint Galaxy S 4 has 4G without any issues. I wanted to see if anyone else it's suffering with this before I do a factory reset.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just curious was your friend in the same area as you with their S4?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

shaolinfinest

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Yes he was, I'm also noticing my Wi-Fi keeps doing and reconnecting as well. The phone was working fine before the update.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I've noticed is a weaker lte connection as of late and dropping lte in areas with decent coverage. I will say this isn't a phone that works well in fringe areas.

shaolinfinest

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
It is really annoying as I have to restart my phone every time to get a 4G signal. At home watching it connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi is annoying when trying to do anything with data.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It is really annoying as I have to restart my phone every time to get a 4G signal. At home watching it connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi is annoying when trying to do anything with data.

Can put it in airplane mode then turn it off to force it to reconnect to the network. Still a pain but better than restarting.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

acrewdog

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried rebooting, but I only get 4G when I do a PRL update. However, I live in an area where 4G is prerelease and also have generally weak 4g signals.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Check your power settings. I haven't experienced that issue on this phone, but on my EVO 4G LTE I had to set it so it didn't automatically disconnect from WiFi when the screen turned off. I bet you may find an answer there.

Also, do you have any power monitoring apps? i.e. Juice Defender? These can keep your phone from staying connected to the internet if the app deems it unnecessary.

Good luck!

shaolinfinest

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Check your power settings. I haven't experienced that issue on this phone, but on my EVO 4G LTE I had to set it so it didn't automatically disconnect from WiFi when the screen turned off. I bet you may find an answer there.

Also, do you have any power monitoring apps? i.e. Juice Defender? These can keep your phone from staying connected to the internet if the app deems it unnecessary.

Good luck!

HTC One is my back up phone so do not need any monitoring apps as the battery gets me through the day. I do not do any task killer as well and it is not a power setting issue as I am looking at the phone drop and connect as I use it. I did do a factory reset which helped with the 4G but not the wifi. I exchanged the phone and it is still giving me wifi issues so now I am going to trouble shoot the router.