Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shaolinfinest
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One not staying on 4G

Am I the only one who is experiencing this issue since the update? My phone will not connect to 4G unless I reboot my device. I went the entire week without 4G thinking it was down. My friend with a Sprint Galaxy S 4 has 4G without any issues. I wanted to see if anyone else it's suffering with this before I do a factory reset.

Posted via Android Central App
    slab0meat likes this.

Default Re: HTC One not staying on 4G

Just curious was your friend in the same area as you with their S4?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes he was, I'm also noticing my Wi-Fi keeps doing and reconnecting as well. The phone was working fine before the update.

Haven't noticed any change in connectivity here.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,730 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

The only thing I've noticed is a weaker lte connection as of late and dropping lte in areas with decent coverage. I will say this isn't a phone that works well in fringe areas.
    Loving this Oneplus one!!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It is really annoying as I have to restart my phone every time to get a 4G signal. At home watching it connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi is annoying when trying to do anything with data.

Mine has the same problem in the north side of Houston. I toggle the airplane mode to connect to LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinfinest View Post
    It is really annoying as I have to restart my phone every time to get a 4G signal. At home watching it connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi is annoying when trying to do anything with data.

Can put it in airplane mode then turn it off to force it to reconnect to the network. Still a pain but better than restarting.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

I am having the same issue I hardly ever see 4g on my phone and it is frustrating.

I haven't tried rebooting, but I only get 4G when I do a PRL update. However, I live in an area where 4G is prerelease and also have generally weak 4g signals.

Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinfinest View Post

Check your power settings. I haven't experienced that issue on this phone, but on my EVO 4G LTE I had to set it so it didn't automatically disconnect from WiFi when the screen turned off. I bet you may find an answer there.

Also, do you have any power monitoring apps? i.e. Juice Defender? These can keep your phone from staying connected to the internet if the app deems it unnecessary.

Good luck!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Check your power settings. I haven't experienced that issue on this phone, but on my EVO 4G LTE I had to set it so it didn't automatically disconnect from WiFi when the screen turned off. I bet you may find an answer there.

Also, do you have any power monitoring apps? i.e. Juice Defender? These can keep your phone from staying connected to the internet if the app deems it unnecessary.

Good luck!
    HTC One is my back up phone so do not need any monitoring apps as the battery gets me through the day. I do not do any task killer as well and it is not a power setting issue as I am looking at the phone drop and connect as I use it. I did do a factory reset which helped with the 4G but not the wifi. I exchanged the phone and it is still giving me wifi issues so now I am going to trouble shoot the router.