Does Sprint's HTC One work with Straight Talk?

TheRealKrafty

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I am a noob here lol, anyway, does the HTC One work with Straight Talk if you pop in a SIM Card? I am curious about this becuase Straight Talk is SOO much cheaper, and also I don't care about 4G LTE speeds... I hope there aren't other posts about this but remember I am new at this.... Please consider that! Thanks everyone! :cool:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If you can get Sprint to unlock your phone it may work. But you would most likely be stuck with edge speeds since this phone only supports 1900 for 3g which isn't everywhere.

acrewdog

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you can get a Sprint sim card on Straight talk. This phone will only work on sprint's network. You can use it on Virgin Mobile or Boost Mobile. I think there are others too, basically any Sprint MVNO.

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
i just checked the imie of my Sprint Htc one M8 harmon kardon edition on straight talks website and they said it would work. Im sure a cough root custom firmware cough would make sure it worked flawlessly*( as sprint is like the hewlett packard of installing lots of crapware on phones from the factory) I will try my phone and report back to you whether or not it works, I hate the sprint coverage in Rogers,AR... I live literally right under the main tower for the area,,, 200-400 feet away, and i have trouble getting LTE from my bedroom. When I had verizon I could be way out in the boonies in the mountains and had great coverage.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I live literally right under the main tower for the area,,, 200-400 feet away, and i have trouble getting LTE from my bedroom.
Since the antenna pattern is almost flat horizontally, that's no surprise. The signal is passing by over your head and the tower isn't seeing your phone's signal. Get out a couple of miles and you'll probably get decent speeds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon