top bar voicemail notification

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
After upgrading from the Photon to the One, I have noticed that I do not get notification of pending voicemail in the top bar or in the notification area when I pull the shade down. As I have tried to be minimalist on home screens, I had originally removed the voicemail app. This has resulted in missing pending voicemail, as I was used to seeing a notification aside from the shortcut/widget for voicemail. I cannot locate a way to enable this in voicemail settings. This is essentially the same voicemail app I used previously, so is this a change from Gingerbread or just the way HTC handles this app/notification?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Can't help you there - my voicemail indicator works the same as it always has. Do you not get your voicemails or do you just not get the notification?

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I do indeed receive voicemails, just no notification on the top bar or in the shade. Only notification I get is on the widget/app icon. I discovered this after the fact, as I had the VM app in a folder and noticed a number floating in the folder, opened the folder and the number was associated with the VM app. Therein was my sole notification. It is possible that I had an audible alert, but as the phone doesnt light up with alerts, and I had a missed call and the missed call was the only notification at the top, I may have missed that audible cue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc