Bootanimation doesn't play sound anymore!

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
When I first opened the box to my brand new Sprint HTC One and turned the device on, I was greeted with a cute boot animation displaying the HTC, HTC One, and Beats Audio logos and blasting this neat sound that I can set as a ringtone. But, ever since I activated the phone on the Sprint Network, the boot animation changed to include the Sprint logo as well, but the neat little chime no longer plays. I've performed several factory resets and adjusted the sound settings to max yet it still won't play. How can I fix this? I am running Stock and my Bootloader is locked.

:'( :mad:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm. Never thought I'd see this as a complaint... I guess you could maybe root and have this file play? No clue since most actually hate boot noises.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

DJxDARIENx

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was because fast boot was enabled but I'm not sure why it doesn't do it. Sometimes I like hearing the animationsound for no reason but that's hardly ever. I don't see it as a big problem. Even with fast boot off (mines always off ) it still takes only a few seconds to turn on. Maybe its not fully turning on and skipping some things?

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to try re-flashing the RUU to see if that works. I had problems with activation so that might affect it. I'll inform of results!

P.S. I'm sort of OCD (Runs in the Family) so the lack of boot sound kind of irritates me. That's the only reason why I keep boot animation sounds.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this with mine and my dad's One. After the very first time we started it up it never plays the boot sound. I don't even remember what it was.

Srqt

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Solved the boot sound issue. You need to be rooted to fix.

The reason it plays on the initial bootup of the device is that it is using /system/customize/cid/default.xml on it's first boot.
After that however it uses /system/customize/cid/sprint000.xml. The sprint xml does not direct the device to play audio during bootup. So I went into the file and added the following code to the boot configuration section
Code:
audio="/system/customize/resource/HTC_Sense5_Boot.mp3"
and rebooted to beautiful music!

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!

*EDIT*

Ok, I've rooted my device. How do I alter the necessary files. I've tried using Root Browser to edit the SPRINT00.xml but it reverts itself at reboot.

Last edited:

ssiebor14

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry mine has that and it doesn't work. System/resource/.. the the HTC sense 5 mp3. It doesn't play on my boot

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I talked to someone from HTC and they said that is normal the boot sound only plays the first time you start up your phone and that's it .

Posted via Android Central App