Phone will only boot into bootloader. Not even Recovery Works...

asscancer

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok well I just re-unlocked the phone's bootloader and the phone boots up fine even the recovery. Any idea on why the phone has a different image version? I am running a modified stock ROM, think that could have something to do with it?

If so, should I just flash the stock ROM?

asscancer

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I relocked it then tried the RUU thing. That didn't work so I came here. Then I unlocked it again and it boots up fine but I need to have it locked and returned to stock because it won't charge anymore and I'm going to return it.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I had to RUU once after flashing an incompatible Rom, and reflash my recovery after a install fail. Hope everything works out.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

asscancer

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Well that's the thing. I tried everything and I'm back to square one.

I can't RUU because my "image" is wrong...whatever that means. And when I do re-lock the phone I get a "security warning" message. That wasn't there before.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Well that's the thing. I tried everything and I'm back to square one.

I can't RUU because my "image" is wrong...whatever that means. And when I do re-lock the phone I get a "security warning" message. That wasn't there before.

If it happens to say security warning its simply your boot loader is most likely locked and it will only boot from a secure boot meaning only the stock rom will boot re unlock your boot loader it will erase everything but the rom you had it will boot back into it

IF YOU FLASHED AN INCOMPATIBLE ROM TRY TO BOOT INTO RECOVERY AND SIDE LOAD A ROM :) YOU CAN MOST LIKELY USE THE ROOT KIT TO BOOT INTO RECOVERY

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

asscancer

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok well I'm able to boot into the phone, but like I said before only when I unlock the bootloader. If I lock the bootloader and attempt to RUU, it doesn't work and causes the phone to only boot into bootloader, nothing else.

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm about flash OMJ's Sprint One rom and try to do the RUU thing again following the video. I just hope my "Image version" is right this time.

http://i.imgur.com/j09plXO.png

EDIT: Oh and I guess I should add that I'm running the latest build of Flex360's "Stock with Goodies ROM", if that means anything.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I dont think he's on the 1.31 ota because flex hasn't released the latest version as of yet.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Well there's your answer to the issue at hand. Sorry about the confusion.

Ok usually it wont let you downgrade if you dont have s-off did they crack s-off for this phone? and if its saying security error only the stock rom will boot while the bootloader is locked you have to unlock the bootloader it will wipe everything but you will be able to boot normally

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok you need to get the official ruu from www.htc.com/support flash the sprint ota **** HERE'S THE BIG KICKER THAT PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU MUST BE BOOTED INTO THE STOCK ROM WITH A LOCKED BOOT LOADER TO RUN THE RUU WITH THE SECURE BOOT (THE REASON IT WON'T BOOT INTO CUSTOM ROMS) i went through the same bs even in h boot 1.40 i had to have the stock rom and kernel flashed locked the boot loader you have ti run the ruu in the stock rom ik its weird but its the way i got my phone out of that black hole

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok usually it wont let you downgrade if you dont have s-off did they crack s-off for this phone? and if its saying security error only the stock rom will boot while the bootloader is locked you have to unlock the bootloader it will wipe everything but you will be able to boot normally

S off was obtained about a month ago.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok you need to get the official ruu from www.htc.com/support flash the sprint ota **** HERE'S THE BIG KICKER THAT PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU MUST BE BOOTED INTO THE STOCK ROM WITH A LOCKED BOOT LOADER TO RUN THE RUU WITH THE SECURE BOOT (THE REASON IT WON'T BOOT INTO CUSTOM ROMS) i went through the same bs even in h boot 1.40 i had to have the stock rom and kernel flashed locked the boot loader you have ti run the ruu in the stock rom ik its weird but its the way i got my phone out of that black hole

There is no RUU for the latest OTA!

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
There is no RUU for the latest OTA!

Ok if its not charging while the phone is off and if your running twrp as a recovery your not screwed twrp is notorious for not letting it charge while the phone is off and with any rom once you flash a new one go to the recovery and go to advanced and wipe the battery records and let it charge sometimes you can get some screwed up battery reading when in reality its fine but if the phones getting hot and not charging then yes you have a big problem

Last edited:

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
there is not RUU for 1.31 yet as far as I know, the issue is that you updated, you cannot RUU back down to a lower version, the way to go back down is to flash a rom based on 1.29 first and then RUU back to stock, if thats what you want to do, also check out [RUU] Sprint HTC One | 1.29.651.10 | Encrypted | Decrypted | Stock Rooted ROM - xda-developers for more info

If you want an ruu that will pass with the boot loadef locked you need the odexed and encrypted version deodexed wont fly

I did happen to find this on xda tho
Download Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.7_RUU.zip
-extract zip to a folder on your pc
-boot into bootloader (various ways)
-using fastboot, type this cmd: fastboot oem lock this will relock the bootloader
-from pc, run setup.exe from the extracted folder. it will run the RUU utility & flash back to stock

Here's the download link...

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=22926241640219518