"Package File is Invalid Error"

HTCTwo

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I've been looking all over for an answer and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I returned my first HTC One and got a different one because of manufacturing issues. I got it today and I am having problems with downloading apps. Certain apps such as Despicable Me and Instagram will download but after it is done it will stop short right before instillation and say the Pack File is Invalid... Do you guys have any fixes? I already tried clearing my cache and data and it didn't work. The only thing I did that i could see being a problem is that I updated my software too 4.1.2 over 4G speed. Please help thank you!

yaggermr

May 2, 2010
Visit site
It appears that many user including myself are having issues downloading certain apps from the play store and receive Error 497 or "package file is invalid" . The issue appears to only affect user on WIFI and not users on data. Many apps such as chrome or Google plus will get the 497 error after downloading and attempting to install.Doing a full wipe of the phone or even downgrading does not fix the issue. This is mainly affecting nexus devices many that have manually upgraded to 4.3.10 play store or the accounts of the these user on their other devices. This is why it is believed to be a Android Device Manager issue because play services pushes this to the devices. I have included a link to the XDA Thread. There are also multiple post on these forums but they are scattered I think its effecting lots of people I tipped to android central hoping they use their plethora of Google contacts to get an official response about these play store issues.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=44367779

Edit seems to effect user on some data networks and on many different devices and Roms. Changing network setting like using a VPN on WiFi has helped.

Posted via Android Central App

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Try deleting the app and clearing data and cache. Reboot the phone then reinstall it. I had the same issue two days ago.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me a couple of days ago also on both my phone and tablet... I think it is or was the playstore issue as it was happening across multiple devices.

Posted via Android Central App

Silberhase Davis

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my Samsung tablet and I tried the clear cache method and still no luck. It only happens when I try to install Candy Crush. WTF!!!!!

paaaaaks

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issue. Have tried clearing both cache and data on both google play and services. Didn't work. Signed out and back into my apps, but it didn't do anything. I have plenty of storage in both my sd and phone. Just factory reset my entire phone, but still having the same problem. Tried looking up solutions throughout google, but nothing really worked. If anyone happens to stumble upon a solution that actually works, let me know.

mithmal

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue but its not thru wifi its thru my data (verizon) on my droid bionic. I also have the same issue with my samsung nexus 10 and that is of course thru wifi only. i thought it was the twitter app so i deleted the app and still the same issue. Problem is now i can't use the twitter app! Guess I'll just have to use twitter thru the internet.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue on a s4 on Verizon. I have tried installing via wifi and Verizon's network and nothing wors. I have also wiped the device.

lccurtis1

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Neither solution worked for me and this has been occurring since I updated my 1st gen Nexus 7 to 4.3. Can't updated Google Books or Firefox.

gforce1963

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I've had this problem for a few days. Saw somewhere to clear data from Google Services Framework. I did this, rebooted the phone and successfully updated Kindle and Runkeeper. These two apps were giving me the Package File is invalid error message when I tried to update them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11