Sprint HTC One - Android 4.3 Update - Discussion Thread

geoffzilla

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, this sucks... Sprint ID is now automatically reverting to "default configuration" every once in a while. I'm wondering if wiping the phone and starting from scratch will fix it. I'm not looking forward to remembering all my apps/passwords.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I didn't realize how much I disliked the power saver in the notifications. Really like the new clean look

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I didn't realize how much I disliked the power saver in the notifications. Really like the new clean look

When you turn it off it turns power saver off though.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice a weaker cell signal after doing the update? I was getting almost max bars before the update, and now getting one.

Posted via Android Central App

From my understanding, the signal bars now reflect data connection rather than the previous voice connection.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums App.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
But it's not in notifications, it's in quick settings

ShipWreck

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Not seen any issues with signal strength. But one thing I like now is I have 4 folders down on my dock with different apps in them. Now they added a plus sign to make it easier to add apps to the folders now from the dock. :)

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
But it's not in notifications, it's in quick settings

I'm sorry man, I'm confused, lol. No matter where I can select it from, if the Powe saver notification is not displayed at top, it is not active then. I want it active, but I don't want to see it.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I also see less signal BUT my phone call quality does not show it. My signal is still of the same quality

Guy from SU

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I too have noticed the signal strength is showing to be weaker with no actual degradation in signal strength.

Only complaint is that now when I hold down the power button it has added "Kid Mode" which I've disabled. Anyway to get this off the power menu?

DeusEx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Was this release supposed to address the camera issues with the HTC One in low light settings? I have found with 4.3 the red and purple hues I get are even worse...

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Also if you two finger slide down it will automatically open the power toggles and you won't need to touch the square.

Thanks! This was very helpful! I was like wtf this is no easier to launch toggles, but the two finger trick makes it amazing!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Mallet21

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice a weaker cell signal after doing the update? I was getting almost max bars before the update, and now getting one.

I'm definitely seeing a much weaker signal. Where I was getting 4-6 bars before the update I am now getting 1-3.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Definitely getting weaker signal here as well. Completely losing it alot of the time. I'm also not able to send/receive text messages. :(

BrianBaker

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Question for anyone who is not rooted and running the stock update from Sprint..Do you have Facebook authentication problems and does facebook updates show up in blinkfeed? Thanks

LTrane

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
To remove Power Saver icon

Pull down notifications. Press and hold Power saver on until "app info" appears. Tap that and click "force stop". This will remove the icon from notifications but keep Power saver active. One warning, if you restart the phone, you will have to repeat these steps. Hope this helps

-Trane

LTrane

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry man, I'm confused, lol. No matter where I can select it from, if the Powe saver notification is not displayed at top, it is not active then. I want it active, but I don't want to see it.

Pull down notifications. Press and hold Power saver on until "app info" appears. Tap that and click "force stop". This will remove the icon from notifications but keep Power saver active. One warning, if you restart the phone, you will have to repeat these steps. Hope this helps

-Trane

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463