Sprint HTC One - Android 4.3 Update - Discussion Thread

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure Sprint fans everywhere are hearing the news about the HTC One being the first US Carrier to push out the 4.3 update to the branded versions.

Sprint HTC One getting Android 4.3 update | Android Central

Thanks to Alex Dobie of the Android Central blog team!

Feel free to discuss....

Recieved the update, want to share your experience?

Got a bug?

Anything else?

Enjoy!

Common Questions :

• Why does my signal strength now only show one bar instead of 3 or 4 like before?
Answer: Android 4.3 now represents your data signal instead of the voice signal like in 4.1.2. Actual signal strength has reported not to have been changed with the new radio. YMMV

• How to do get ride of the 3 dot menu bar?
Answer: Go to Settings/Displays, gestures & buttons/BUTTONS/Home and select between the past 3 button menu or change it to Swipe up for Google Now, press and hold for menu.

• What is that N icon on my status bar?
Answer: That icon means your NFC is turned on.

• What happened to the developer options?
Answer: Settings/About/Software Information/More then Tap on build number 7 X

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Awesome for Sprinters. If they could just get their network to perform as well as their competitors there'd be happiness all around.

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm always anxious and excited for a new update, but this one hasn't really done much for me yet. Improving Sense doesn't move me because I use Nova. The ability to use the dash clock widget would be cool if I used a lock screen. I don't. But, I'm glad to see the option to unlink the ringer and notification volumes. Will simplify some of my Tasker recipes. I'm also interested to see how battery life compares, now that it's supposed to be better. I've been running with power saver off for about a week now and have noticed only a slight difference in battery life. So far the only disappointing thing has been having to reconstruct all my playlists in PowerAmp, which disappeared with the update.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Going from function to function, the screens seem to fade in rather than pop (for lack of a better term). On a plus though i really like the quick settings now in the drop menu. Always liked that on my daughters S3 but it takes up to much of the notification space. Htc handled it very nicely

For anyone wondering what 4.3 includes or what to look for here's the list of expected changes. Let us know what you find...

The update should include Android 4.3 plus launcher bar enhancements, new BlinkFeed features, a widget lock screen style, home button behavior modification (remove black menu bar from screen), ability to display battery level percentage in the notification bar, advanced notifications, quick settings, 6 new Video Highlights themes with custom music options, improved Zoe file management and all the standard Android enhancements included with Android 4.3.

lacough

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Anyone notice a weaker cell signal after doing the update? I was getting almost max bars before the update, and now getting one.

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
From feedback I'm seeing around the web it appears to be a welcomed update. People saying good things about the new radio, device is running good.

I'm waiting for the first stock-rooted custom ROMs to pop at any time. I know some are already WIP as we speak. I just did S OFF on it today so I can get back to stock if need be since the update brings a new bootloader v 1.55 which currently there is no way to unlock/root.

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice a weaker cell signal after doing the update? I was getting almost max bars before the update, and now getting one.

I'm in Viriginia and got a new prl 55016

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Any way to get rid of the power saver icon or the three menu dots at the bottom of some screens?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
They're gone. Here's my drop menu. Touch the square in the corner and get the other screen which now houses the power saver icon

1380751830728.jpg1380751848390.jpg

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I want power saver on but not the icon. Is this what you mean?

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Also if you two finger slide down it will automatically open the power toggles and you won't need to touch the square.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I seem to have some issues with WiFi. It keeps disconnecting, then connecting..... Weird.....

decypher44

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
They're gone. Here's my drop menu. Touch the square in the corner and get the other screen which now houses the power saver icon

View attachment 84132View attachment 84133

I only get the display on the right side of your photos. The left side, I see the square in the upper corner, but everything below is just black. Is there a setting to get it to have the icons?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I only get the display on the right side of your photos. The left side, I see the square in the upper corner, but everything below is just black. Is there a setting to get it to have the icons?

Oh sorry I still have power toggles installed (and will keep it). That's the other toggles you see

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12