Battery draining after 4.3 Update

jp25f

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
My HTC one battery is draining very rapidly after the 4.3 update. Attached is screen shot, notice how it kept draining even on airplane mode. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
1380946139656.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Redchong

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem after the update so you are not alone. It happened the first day I had the update. I restarted my phone and then fully charged it over night. Try the same and hopefully that will fix the issue.

Posted via Android Central App

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issue. Nothing I did helped until I wiped my phone. I didn't want to do that but it was my last hope. My battery appears to be 'normal' again but it's only been a few hours so far. Time will tell.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps clearing the system cache in recovery? An update is essentially a new ROM, and it is best to wipe cache to stop data conflicts.

jp25f

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I believe I figured this out. After the 4.3 update all the Google location services got turned on. And that is what is causing the battery drain. After turning them off, battery is discharging at a normal pace.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I believe I figured this out. After the 4.3 update all the Google location services got turned on. And that is what is causing the battery drain. After turning them off, battery is discharging at a normal pace.

Hope that fixes it.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Method varies between OEMs.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Forgive me, but what do I do once I get to the main screen when I reboot? I hold start button down to to a reset, hold the volume button down, and I get to the screen with recovery as an option, then what?

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Only thing that happens when I do this is I see an image of a phone with a red triangle and no option to do anything.

At that point, press the power and volume up button and release. It may take a few tries, but then your recovery menu will appear (in blue I think).

NinaMorardo

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I turned off Sync to all of my accounts since my battery was sitting on 44% for 2 hours while on a charger. I also turned off Google location; unchecked all 4 location settings. Something else that I noticed was I had both WiFi and Mobile Data on and when I switched to just WiFi I noticed a difference.
After doing these three things and in just 30 minutes, my battery percentage went up 7 points.

I use the power saver and keep my screen dimmed, any way so I wasn't concerned that that was a problem. We'll see what happens tonight but so far it's looking good!

~Nina

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay