Sprint HTC One - Fix wifi tether for root users

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
We have Wifi Tether working w00t!!

Link Removed for now due to the app stopped working

Go to settings/Change Setup Method to WEXT (ad-hoc). Then Change Device-Profile to Generic ICS/JB (wlan0) and make sure you have the Routing fix checked and thats it. ENJOY!!!​

Last edited:

deynierca

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying every setting and this one did not worked for me, nor any other so far I am rooted, HTC One on Sprint since 5 android 4.3
If anyone could help me please.

phataDlbert

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the latest Bad Boyz 4.3 Sense 5 rom. I have a weird issue. Native tether works on all my devices except for my laptop so I'm trying this method with the Wi-Fi tether app instead. Will this work? thanks!

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the latest Bad Boyz 4.3 Sense 5 rom. I have a weird issue. Native tether works on all my devices except for my laptop so I'm trying this method with the Wi-Fi tether app instead. Will this work? thanks!

Should work, Hotspot should work on your laptop to, it does mine

QPHALO

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
im having the same problem. sprint htc one 4.3 stock rooted. i have tried every tether app i could find in the play store, i tried running the script, i tried Willing it to work. there has got to be something im missing here. i also copied the htc hotspot widget from system and tried to open that way but i dont know. it always gives me "Setting ad-hoc mode... failed
ok, device profile wlan0, setup method ad-hoc, enable encyption on, changed ssid, created passphrase, routing fix on. it now works but still get ad-hoc error and it says unsecured. i think I'll roll with it.

Last edited:

goodrichsound

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Was wondering if there is a fix yet. I have a htc one max rooted, and am trying to get the wifi tether TrevEMod to work, and am not having any luck. Sprint must have done something to block it. Any ideas??

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
Was wondering if there is a fix yet. I have a htc one max rooted, and am trying to get the wifi tether TrevEMod to work, and am not having any luck. Sprint must have done something to block it. Any ideas??
We have the native hotspot working on our BadBoyz rom for the One so i havnt bothered with this anymore. What rom are you on.i can take a look and see if our mod will work on it.

Crogue464

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
We have the native hotspot working on our BadBoyz rom for the One so i havnt bothered with this anymore. What rom are you on.i can take a look and see if our mod will work on it.

Hey I have the htc one m9 with sprint, rooted with Bad Boyz SPRINT One M9 v2.0, and I can turn on my native hotspot, and devices can connect to it, but I won't send data, so they won't connect.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non