New One owner

JM2032

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello all...just became a member of the One community and was wondering if I could ask a question.....In the past I was a EVO 4G owner and now that I've got the One, I really want my old weather widget instead of the widget that comes with the One. Any suggestions on how I can get the old one on my new phone? Thanks in advance for ya'lls assistance.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Is it the stock weather widget that you're writing of or a 3rd party? Might seem like a strange question but just wanted to make sure.

JM2032

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Im speaking of the stock animated weather widget that came on the original EVO. The one that has the rain drops, lightning, windshield wiper blade, etc....

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
No, It would need to be ported even if its possible which im sure it can be but im thinking there is a lot of coding involved.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I would be interested in a way to do this also. I came from an HTC Hero and I really miss the animated weather on the screen.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Actually the old HTC Sense animated Weather Widget does exist on the HTC One.

You just cannot add it to the screen that has Blink Feed.

You can, however, add it to one of the alternate screens.

All you have to do is long press one your alternate screens, then choose Widgets, and you will see the Weather Widget. You can then add it to the screen.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Actually the old HTC Sense animated Weather Widget does exist on the HTC One.

You just cannot add it to the screen that has Blink Feed.

You can, however, add it to one of the alternate screens.

All you have to do is long press one your alternate screens, then choose Widgets, and you will see the Weather Widget. You can then add it to the screen.

But it still won't have the animated windshield wipers, rain, or snow. That's what I want back. I tried your suggestion and while I do have the weather clock widget now, it doesn't show the animated wipers, rain, snow.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
But it still won't have the animated windshield wipers, rain, or snow. That's what I want back. I tried your suggestion and while I do have the weather clock widget now, it doesn't show the animated wipers, rain, snow.

Ok...thanks for the response...I knew that the old Weather Widget existed. But, I have not used it myself, and assumed that it included the animations.

JM2032

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

Correct, I figured out that I could put the flip clock on an alternate screen but it isn't the one I wanted. Still on the hunt.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781