Kit Kat

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
What are your thoughts on whether we will get the update by months end like they said a couple months ago?

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I believe they said within 90 days. And there is still no official release date so I wouldn't expect within a couple of weeks

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I am guessing that we will not see KitKat on the HTC One until February.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm with y'all. 90 days would be the end of January. (Just googled and verified I remembered correctly, lol). But I don't think that will happen.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm with y'all. 90 days would be the end of January. (Just googled and verified I remembered correctly, lol). But I don't think that will happen.

Oh well, you'll still get it before Sammy :-\

Jimmy Walker

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking that the 4.4.2 update will be released early Febuary. It's still being carrier tested.

I'm hoping that two things will be fixed in the 4.4.2 Kitkat update. First thing the purple tint issue with night photos. And second the horrible battery life issue which occured after the 4.3 update.

Unfortunately, I don't think the purple tint camera issue can be fixed in the update or any update for that matter because I believe it's more of a hardware problem versus software problem. However, it would be nice if they could.

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking that the 4.4.2 update will be released early Febuary. It's still being carrier tested.

I'm hoping that two things will be fixed in the 4.4.2 Kitkat update. First thing the purple tint issue with night photos. And second the horrible battery life issue which occured after the 4.3 update.

Unfortunately, I don't think the purple tint camera issue can be fixed in the update or any update for that matter because I believe it's more of a hardware problem versus software problem. However, it would be nice if they could.

Check out the general HTC One board. There is a post about the purple tint being cause by the Zoe feature overeating the motherboard.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Welp guess we know the answer to this thread lol. I'm very pleased that HTC came through. Restores a little faith in them.

sent from my stealth black HTC OnE

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Yup!

I just downloaded and installed KitKat and so far I am happy with the minor changes.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I have only 1 dislike and that's the inability to have no lock screen however I do like that you can add widgets to it now.

lactosedept

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
There isn't the option to send a text in landscape mode, is anyone else noticing this?

Edit: the send button will show up if you're sending a picture, This is odd

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
There isn't the option to send a text in landscape mode, is anyone else noticing this?

Edit: the send button will show up if you're sending a picture, This is odd

I can send a text in landscape. You have to start typing then the send button shows up.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
No way am I upgrading. I *just* pulled the trigger to 4.3 and my phone battery has gotten much worse (phone radio stats are RIDICULOUS) and I have no idea why. Breaking flash would be a horror story.

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I might update to KitKat, but I didn't like the idea Flash would be removed. Keep in mind, Google removed Flash support a long time ago. In KitKat, Flash will totally be remove it for all Androids. Many other phones already have been off Flash with other updates and manufactures, so no more Flash. Currently, no updates to it, no more security patches or enhancements, and no more technical support for it. EVEN if you have Flash now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz