January Sprint HTC One Update?

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
So I don't mean to go blindly with rumors, however I figured I would stir up the pot with something I heard on a forum that I find often reputable. Still nothing set in stone, nor proven on any other site (thus far) but I don't find it way out in left field either from believability. Here is where I heard it:

(in the comments Jared posted about having gotten a call from HTC)
Latest OTA update for HTC One also giving some users LTE issues - Pocketables

(here is the post where they are hoping very highly about it, though at this date/time no one has gotten it)
HTC One might receive OTA update today or tomorrow to address some customer complaints - Pocketables

Besides just blankly calling it a falsity, anyone care to add to this rumor either verifying or debunking, with evidence of course?

Here is a list of errors that are still plaguing the Sprint HTC One that I know of...please add to this as well:

1. WiFi always checking for hot spots even when the options to check are off.
2. Connection issues, ie. WiFi disconnecting often (range seems less), or LTE and 3g intermittently shutting off and showing as an error message in dashboard when they can’t connect.
3. SIM Card disconnect alerts
4. PRL/Profile update error (1233)
5. Intermittent sensor issue not calibrated correctly when on phone call that screen does not go dark near face, or the opposite that it stays dark when not necessary.

...and of course there is the purple tint thing on the camera pics that I've still yet to experience, but enough have claimed it so I'm sure it's viable.

Last edited:

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I am having similar problems with my 4G connections. Several times, especially in one area, my phone will show full 4G signal, but I will either have no usable data, or very slow data.

I am glad to see that I am not the only one with these problems. Like you all, I hope that it is resolved soon.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I am having similar problems with my 4G connections. Several times, especially in one area, my phone will show full 4G signal, but I will either have no usable data, or very slow data.

I am glad to see that I am not the only one with these problems. Like you all, I hope that it is resolved soon..

Sent from my RCT6378W2

I have seen this problem too.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
So as an update, looks like this fix has been postponed:

OTA update for Sprint HTC One has been pushed back to fix more bugs - Pocketables

It's sad that it has, but as suspected, looks like KitKat should be coming in the near future (as promised) and more than likely we'll have to wait for that big upgrade for the fixes to be implemented. And hopefully no more issues on top of that...

Hopefully, the Kit-Kat update will fix the problems that the latest Maintance OTA Update caused.

Honestly, this is stupid that the Maintance update screwed things up.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Looks like this is just to fix the problem updating PRL and profile.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey a fix is a fix...as long as it doesn't break something else, I'll take it.

More than likely the rest of the errors will be addressed/fixed on the KitKat upgrade soon. Or...one can hope ;)

AnAm85

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I checked as well and don't see an update just yet.

I haven't had any profile or PRL issues though.

One issue I've had though is screen delays when my device is off. I push the power button and the capacitive lights light up but the screen takes more than 5 seconds and a second or third button push for it to come on.

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
So you have been able to manually update your profile and PRL since the last update?

In reference to the other issue, possibly a conflict with something hogging your power application wise, and/or maybe you truly need to do a Hard Restart.

Jimmy Walker

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody received this update yet? I'm wondering if it was pulled back like the previous minor update that was released on 12/04.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood