Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Default No Android runtime?

What the?

Default Re: No Android runtime?

It's still experimental, so I believe it's currently only available on the Nexus 5 and the 2013 Nexus 7 (unless you're running a custom ROM). It isn't available on my 2012 Nexus 7 running 4.4.2. Anyone else have any other device that runs ART (while unrooted and running stock OS, that is0?

Oh, and also the Nexus 4, I think.

Posted via Android Central App
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Its there , If you are rooted you can enable it in system/customize/ACC/default.xml
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No Android runtime?-screenshot_2014-02-03-19-36-01.jpg  

Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Is that straight root or with a custom ROM? I've rooted other phones in the past, but haven't rooted the One. When I've rooted in the past, I had a real hard time finding any custom rom that didn't have some kind of issue or function that didn't work. So if I do decide to root the One, I'd probably stick with the stock rom. The ability to play with ART on a stock rom might be what pushes me over the edge.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by w5cyc View Post
    Is that straight root or with a custom ROM? I've rooted other phones in the past, but haven't rooted the One. When I've rooted in the past, I had a real hard time finding any custom rom that didn't have some kind of issue or function that didn't work. So if I do decide to root the One, I'd probably stick with the stock rom. The ability to play with ART on a stock rom might be what pushes me over the edge.
    You only need root so you can R/W system files. But if you root check out our BadBoyz rom its stock with some mods and options for if you want. We also have stock rooted roms to.