Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By morami
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No new emoticons on Kit Kat update

Hello,

After receiving the new update yesterday and reading some of the changes included with it I noticed that I do not have the new expanded emoticons in the stock messaging app. Has anyone else had this same issue? Does anyone know how to get them ? Thank you in advance.

Default Re: No new emoticons on Kit Kat update

Quote Originally Posted by grumpygramps1 View Post
    Hello,

After receiving the new update yesterday and reading some of the changes included with it I noticed that I do not have the new expanded emoticons in the stock messaging app. Has anyone else had this same issue? Does anyone know how to get them ? Thank you in advance.
    I have them so idk why you don't have that.

Posted via HTC One on their cool app

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

Hello,

I don't see an option for them on the HTC Sense keyboard. I'm using the latest SwiftKey beta keyboard, which gives me color emojis.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Me either. I've gone into all the settings and looked for a possible change to no avail. Even restarted it a few times. Funny thing is that I seem to have received everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by jhilker View Post
    I don't see an option for them on the HTC Sense keyboard. I'm using the latest SwiftKey beta keyboard, which gives me color emojis.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    You have to set the stock keyboard as default and you will see it in the lower left corner.
    I had to disable Swipe in order to get the stock keyboard as default.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

No new emoticons on Kit Kat update-screenshot_2014-02-02-12-12-08.jpgThank you, I appreciate the information. Just one noob question, how do I disable Swipe? Throughout my texting today I have noticed that sent or received emoji's no longer show the picture anymore, but rather just show the charachters that make them up.
    Last edited by grumpygramps1; 02-02-2014 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Added picture
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Here is naother screen shot showing the only emoj's I have available. Using the stock messaging app. No new emoticons on Kit Kat update-screenshot_2014-02-02-12-57-51.jpg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-02-12-12-08.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	225.4 KB 
ID:	103106Thank you, I appreciate the information. Just one noob question, how do I disable Swipe? Throughout my texting today I have noticed that sent or received emoji's no longer show the picture anymore, but rather just show the charachters that make them up.
    Settings,Apps,All,Swype,Disable.
    Also you can use only one Text (SMS) app at a time.
    I think it sucks but it's a KitKat thing.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Morami,
    I appreciate your help, but are you telling me the only way to get the new emoji's is by not being able to use swype? I've gotten so used to swyping everything in that this other way seems difficult. Any reason you can think of that would prevent me from seeing emoji's sent to me?

Morami,
    I appreciate your help, but are you telling me the only way to get the new emoji's is by not being able to use swype? I've gotten so used to swyping everything in that this other way seems difficult. Any reason you can think of that would prevent me from seeing emoji's sent to me?
    Go
    Settings
    Language& Keyboard
    HTC Sense Input
    Enable Trace Keyboard.

As to seeing emoji I think in Android only KitKat and up can natively see emoji.
    If your friends don't have KitKat they can't see the emojis that you send.
    I'm talking about text messaging and not IM.
    Last edited by morami; 02-02-2014 at 01:03 PM.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by morami View Post
    Go
    Settings
    Language& Keyboard
    HTC Sense Input
    Enable Trace Keyboard.

As to seeing emoji I think in Android only KitKat and up can natively see emoji.
    If your friends don't have KitKat they can't see the emojis that you send.
    I'm talking about text messaging and not IM.

I truly appreciate all your help. Tanks again

I truly appreciate all your help. Tanks again
    You're welcome,that's why we're all here.
    For the love of Android and HTC ONE!😎

Thanked by:
    Paul627g likes this.

I'm not liking the style of the new emoticons!!!! When I bought my One, it had a bunch of nicely drawn, big, emoticons available for text messages. Now there are many more but they aren't very attractive. And....my girlfriend doesn't get the KitKat versions when I send them to her older Droid and vice versa. BUMMER!!! Is there a way to get the old ones added to the new ones? If not, would they be available if I switched to a different keyboard? Thanks. JM

Can anyone help me with this issue. All my friends have iphones..

I have a HTC One through Sprint. We have all downloaded the Emoji Keyboard to have symbols when texting. Everything works fine on their phones. My phone only views the symbols in Black & White both with incoming and outgoing. All color with iphones. Driving me crazy...

I see a lot of people saying that only Kit Kat users can see emojis but I just finished testing it with my friend (has an HTC One with Kit Kat as well) and there was only one emoji thst works.