No new emoticons on Kit Kat update

grumpygramps1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

After receiving the new update yesterday and reading some of the changes included with it I noticed that I do not have the new expanded emoticons in the stock messaging app. Has anyone else had this same issue? Does anyone know how to get them ? Thank you in advance.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

After receiving the new update yesterday and reading some of the changes included with it I noticed that I do not have the new expanded emoticons in the stock messaging app. Has anyone else had this same issue? Does anyone know how to get them ? Thank you in advance.

I have them so idk why you don't have that.

Posted via HTC One on their cool app

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I don't see an option for them on the HTC Sense keyboard. I'm using the latest SwiftKey beta keyboard, which gives me color emojis.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

grumpygramps1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Me either. I've gone into all the settings and looked for a possible change to no avail. Even restarted it a few times. Funny thing is that I seem to have received everything else.

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't see an option for them on the HTC Sense keyboard. I'm using the latest SwiftKey beta keyboard, which gives me color emojis.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

You have to set the stock keyboard as default and you will see it in the lower left corner.
I had to disable Swipe in order to get the stock keyboard as default.

Posted via Android Central App

grumpygramps1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot_2014-02-02-12-12-08.jpgThank you, I appreciate the information. Just one noob question, how do I disable Swipe? Throughout my texting today I have noticed that sent or received emoji's no longer show the picture anymore, but rather just show the charachters that make them up.

Last edited:

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 103106Thank you, I appreciate the information. Just one noob question, how do I disable Swipe? Throughout my texting today I have noticed that sent or received emoji's no longer show the picture anymore, but rather just show the charachters that make them up.

Settings,Apps,All,Swype,Disable.
Also you can use only one Text (SMS) app at a time.
I think it sucks but it's a KitKat thing.

grumpygramps1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Morami,
I appreciate your help, but are you telling me the only way to get the new emoji's is by not being able to use swype? I've gotten so used to swyping everything in that this other way seems difficult. Any reason you can think of that would prevent me from seeing emoji's sent to me?

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Morami,
I appreciate your help, but are you telling me the only way to get the new emoji's is by not being able to use swype? I've gotten so used to swyping everything in that this other way seems difficult. Any reason you can think of that would prevent me from seeing emoji's sent to me?

Go
Settings
Language& Keyboard
HTC Sense Input
Enable Trace Keyboard.

As to seeing emoji I think in Android only KitKat and up can natively see emoji.
If your friends don't have KitKat they can't see the emojis that you send.
I'm talking about text messaging and not IM.

Last edited:

grumpygramps1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Go
Settings
Language& Keyboard
HTC Sense Input
Enable Trace Keyboard.

As to seeing emoji I think in Android only KitKat and up can natively see emoji.
If your friends don't have KitKat they can't see the emojis that you send.
I'm talking about text messaging and not IM.

I truly appreciate all your help. Tanks again :D

JM2032

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not liking the style of the new emoticons!!!! When I bought my One, it had a bunch of nicely drawn, big, emoticons available for text messages. Now there are many more but they aren't very attractive. And....my girlfriend doesn't get the KitKat versions when I send them to her older Droid and vice versa. BUMMER!!! Is there a way to get the old ones added to the new ones? If not, would they be available if I switched to a different keyboard? Thanks. JM

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone help me with this issue. All my friends have iphones..

I have a HTC One through Sprint. We have all downloaded the Emoji Keyboard to have symbols when texting. Everything works fine on their phones. My phone only views the symbols in Black & White both with incoming and outgoing. All color with iphones. Driving me crazy...

lactosedept

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I see a lot of people saying that only Kit Kat users can see emojis but I just finished testing it with my friend (has an HTC One with Kit Kat as well) and there was only one emoji thst works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae