1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I unlock my phone if it has no OS?

I dont know much about this stuff (def not tech savvy), but I decided to take my bad esn Sprint HTC One (running 4.3) and try to unlock it myself. I was successful in unlocking the bootloader, and I even rooted the device on my own (woo!!!). I was on the last stage of finally unlocking the phone, so I decided to go for it.

I tried to follow these steps to finally unlock my HTC One, but I did not know how to go to /system/app to replace the files (The 'Root Reader' app didn't show /system/app in my phone).

://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2491840

The files were:

HtcOMADM_SettingsPlugin_SPCS.apk
    HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk

As a result, I tried to flash the copy files mentioned previously using this video as a guide

I dragged and dropped the copies into the 'system storage' (not into a specific file) and started wiping data in TWRP 2.6 (Im assuming I wiped something that I shouldnt have). However, now whenever I try to boot my HTC One out of TWRP, I get the 'No OS installed..." message and it just just keeps showing the white screen with the HTC logo when I do boot anyways. When I connect my HTC One to my PC via usb cable, it doesnt even show up. I decided to take a screen shot of my files/drives/etc that I used. When I click on the 'instal' button in TWRP, it no longer shows the 'android' folder while scrolling through the list of things.

What should I do to get the phone working again? Could I unlock it from here or do I have to backtrack or something? I have very little knowledge about this stuff so please try to explain things easily for me lol

Global Posts
    13,864 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: How do I unlock my phone if it has no OS?

Could you relink to the XDA forum page please?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here