Kit kat up date issue resulted in conflicts with htc one

jgb14

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I updated my sprint htc one to kit kat on 1/2/14 I am now having issue with lag and conflicts with my htc one where I did not have before the update. my htc one worked flawlessly now i have 1 to 40 second delays before my apps (icons) will appear. this happens when booting up or when going from one app to another. I run my phone clean I disable app and services where I can of programs i do not use and only have downloaded apps of what I need. i have had my htc one for several months and still have over 25gb of space. i have cleared all cache. deleted apps and updates from the time i started having the issue to see if those were the issues but phone still as the same issues that only appeared after kit kat update. anyone else having these issues or any recommendations?

I have been in contact with htc and sprint and am going back and forth. the only questioning sprint had was ig kit kat was in conflict with sense.

thanks

Wacko11

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I updated my sprint htc one to kit kat on 1/2/14 I am now having issue with lag and conflicts with my htc one where I did not have before the update. my htc one worked flawlessly now i have 1 to 40 second delays before my apps (icons) will appear. this happens when booting up or when going from one app to another. I run my phone clean I disable app and services where I can of programs i do not use and only have downloaded apps of what I need. i have had my htc one for several months and still have over 25gb of space. i have cleared all cache. deleted apps and updates from the time i started having the issue to see if those were the issues but phone still as the same issues that only appeared after kit kat update. anyone else having these issues or any recommendations?

I have been in contact with htc and sprint and am going back and forth. the only questioning sprint had was ig kit kat was in conflict with sense.

thanks

Factory reset it, "this will delete all ur apps, pics etc...

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Master reset is the best thing you can do after an update. (All at once, take EVERYTHING OFF the new software [first built off the old]; let your phone START FRESH with new software [as originally the phone settings were made, based on the old]; and fully BUILD FROM the new software.

And a tip, skip to the main screen without any setup, or worrying about clearing any, or as much as you can help, notifications/suggestions/tips, etc. After, run through a wipe cache partition. (Cache partition from the recovery mode, is not the same as app cache.). So go through both.

Posted via Android Central App

xnaveedhassan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Well you can always factory reset it.

On thing you might wanna try is uninstalling all the apps that you downloaded and get them anew. I got this issue when I upgraded to 4.3. It got okay after I reinstalled almost half the apps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20