Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I use AccuWeather Platinum and i think its on sale right now

I have the stock weather also, Heres a screenie of the app drawer widget

Saintefamille

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I miss the News and Weather app too. I think it was Google News-based. I've installed an app called News Google Reader as an interim measure, but it's not as simple and easy to use, and it's got ads.

AGReklaw

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I have also lost the News & Weather app that came with Android going all the way back to my Nexus One. How can I get that back? The apk from Nexus One won't install. It was a lot more simpler than BlinkFeed and Flipboard... <sigh>

EDIT: The News & Weather app by AWNRY Software seemed to be the closes to the original app, but it has not updated the News for a 24 hour period in my experience. Don't bother with it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-23-11-37-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-23-11-37-49.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Hector Ramirez4

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Rooted Desire 510 Virgin Mobile.

Google will not allow me to have Awnry News & Weather 1x4 widget on my home screen. When I last had it, it would disappear regularly and I would reposition it on home screen, then it would randomly uninstall! Now I can't add it to home acreen at all. However, Google news & weather works fine!

I don't want google's news, as it is obsessed with every liberal slant. Awnry is balanced, and also a better graphic display. Anybody else deal with this and/or have an idea how to stop google's control over news and weather on MY phone?

Thanks