Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Wacko11
  • 1 Post By davidtm
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default android system battery drain on 4.4.2

The android system is eating up my battery, I can see my battery drop like 15/20% while I'm just browser on the internet with just 5minutes of use

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Default Re: android system battery drain on 4.4.2

I am having the same horrible battery life since the Kit Kat update. If my memory serves me correctly, I had the same problem when updated to Jelly Bean. The only solution that fixed it was a full restore/reset. It's one of those things I hate doing because of he process of reinstalling/tweaking the phone to my specific liking.

Spending this evening to back up all my info, photos, and other data. I will be doing full reset sometime tomorrow. I'll check in later in the week and let you know if that solves the problem.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by sko580 View Post
    I am having the same horrible battery life since the Kit Kat update. If my memory serves me correctly, I had the same problem when updated to Jelly Bean. The only solution that fixed it was a full restore/reset. It's one of those things I hate doing because of he process of reinstalling/tweaking the phone to my specific liking.

Spending this evening to back up all my info, photos, and other data. I will be doing full reset sometime tomorrow. I'll check in later in the week and let you know if that solves the problem.
    Yea I hate to factory reset, I was hoping there was another way to fix it.
    PittsPgh and decypher44 like this.

I was just about to make a thread about the same thing...good thing I came here first.

Before the update, my battery would last more than 12 hours even with frequent use. But since the update, it's been terrible. Phone was fully charged at 1 pm today, its now 8 pm with 25% with less use than usual. Also saw my battery drop from 100% to 90% in a matter of 8 minutes.

The only solution is to factory reset?

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

Or, you can wait a few days to a week, and it gets better. Mine has drastically improved the last few days after updating on the 1st of Feb.
    Thanked by:
    kct1975 likes this.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Well... I am happy to say my battery life has improved immediately after a master reset. As the days went on, the battery life got better, Probably the calibration finally set things straight after several days. I am getting about the same battery life prior to the Kit Kat update. 15 hours later I got about 60% of battery life left. Before the master set, I would be down to 10%.

Man I'm really not try a factory reset lol. When I got my 4.3 update my phone was fine. But yea battery has been horrible since the upgrade. I guess that's what I'll be doing over the next couple days. Smh

Posted via Android Central App
    OG Droid > BB Tour (Verizon) > Evo 3D > Evo 4G LTE > Galaxy S3 (Sprint) > HTC One (Sprint)

I reset my phone Tuesday and I have seen an improvement in battery life but the battery drain is still pretty bad.......

Posted via Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I got a new HTC one since my old wouldn't turn on and the Android system is still destroying my battery