Anyone else's One slow as crap since update to Kit Kat?

bumpandrun

May 10, 2011
Visit site
It's like I'm using my old Evo all over again since I updated to Kit Kat. Also, it loses data connection randomly even worse than it did before. I know they are working on the towers in my area but before Kit Kat I could hold a data connection longer than a couple of minutes. Right now I shouldn't even have to pay for data!!

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why people are so hesitant to do a factory reset?

If you're having loads of issues after an update what's worse? A super buggy phone that you shouldn't have to pay for data on or a reset where you have to reload and re-tweek your phone

No brainer to me...

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, mine has gotten slow and laggy. I would prefer NOT to factory reset and ten have to reconfigure all my settings if I can help it.

stoufferb23

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
My phone is operating much, much less smooth and "buttery" as they claimed it would be. My phone freezes between screen changes, and from application to application. I would prefer pre update speeds at this point. I've got an alphanumeric character of some sort that seems to get "stuck" in the center of my screen too. Looks like an "I". I'm not exaggerating when I say its like my one has a very outdated processor in it. If this isn't able to be fixed I'm going to be on the hunt for another manufacturer to go with (won't be Apple or Samsung) maybe LG, and I've only ever owned HTC product since they've been an option. I just want the problem acknowledged, and addressed. I hope the "new one" is more impressive than what they're letting on.
So now that I've gabbed on a bit....anyone having these issues or have a solution? Thanks in advance!

vikingraid

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Because a lot of people actually use their phone for work, uni powerpoint note taking, recording rather than flashing 10 roms on it a day.

I have realised, Apple, Samsung, HTC that a lot of the lag occures when: People update their phones of tablets over OTA! - Don't use it!
Instead, do a full proper firmware update using a computer. It will save you from the pain of having to do a factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000