Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One: Music player on lock screen all the time

Can anyone help me out with getting rid of this I've never had it on my phone but my wife's one has had it since the update I've tried everything even disabled the stock music player the widget doesn't work but won't go away

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-01-2014 at 01:34 AM.

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts

Default Re: Music player on lock screen all the time

Go to Settings, Security, and under Luck Screen, uncheck Music playback. I think that will fix it for you...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by jhilker View Post
    Go to Settings, Security, and under Luck Screen, uncheck Music playback. I think that will fix it for you...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Nope it's a glitch a broken widget that doesn't go away no matter what I select in the settings if the app is enabled or disabled it's always there starting today on my one and about 2 weeks ago on my wife's one

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I can confirm this setting (Security -> Music playback) is broken. No matter what you choose, when you're playing music this widget always shows on lock screen. And on the other hand, when you're NOT playing music it never appear (which means you have to unlock to start playing music)

You can try disabling the lock screen altogether. I downloaded No Lock from the Play Store. It's a very simple on/off switch. There was a disclaimer that it won't work on all phones but it works perfectly on my Sprint One.