Google Now Launcher on HTC One

robiii

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried sideloading the new Google now launcher & are you having any issues?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

lost in utah

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google Now Launcher on One

I have been using it for almost a month and have had zero problems no lag and everything works great

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

lacough

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

I also have loaded it and really like the ability of "ok Google" from every home screen. It's great while driving and more intuitive than my Acura hands-free.

robiii

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

I sideloaded it this morning and it crashed on me while I was setting up my homepages. Then I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it and now it tells me I have to upgrade my Google Search first. But my Search is up to date. Not sure what's go to on

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

This would be on a rooted phone correct?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

I installed the Google Now launcher on my wife's Moto X when she received it a couple months ago. It works perfectly! In fact, I don't even think she knows that it's not stock.

robiii

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

So I finally download the apk one more time but this time when I got the error about my search needing to be updated I just hit the home button and made the Google launcher the default home and seems to be working fine now. I had it glitch back to the stock launcher once but I just hit the home button again and it went back to the Google launcher.

lacough

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Nope, just need the .apk and an apk launcher tool from the play store. you can switch back and forth, or select one as a default. I use it and love the fact that i can say "ok google" from any screen

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Very nice! Glad I found this. Wish it let me turn BlinkFeed off and set my homescreen though. Being able to say "ok Google" on any screen totally makes up for it.

sent from my stealth black HTC OnE