Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint HTC One: KitKat update no longer lets you get internet signal when on the phone

So I have really liked the new updated but I can no longer be on the phone and get internet signal. I could do it before when ever I had 4g, has anyone else notice this? Is there any way we can get this fix? Do we need to send emails to HTC?

Default Re: Sprint HTC One: KitKat update no longer lets you get internet signal when on the phone

Personally I have not had that problem wit the HTC One, even after the Kit Kat update.

I do, however, know the the ability to be talking on the phone and using data at the same time will be going away with newer models of all Android phones. From what I have read, it is due to the movement away from the current dual path radios in the chips currently used in the various Android phones. The newer Android phones, like the HTC M8 are supposed to be better signal recently receivers (better at pulling in data signal and voice signal), but are have single path chips, that only allow data or voice, but not both at the same time.

Default Re: Sprint HTC One: KitKat update no longer lets you get internet signal when on the phone

Hmm, that's interesting, so Qualcomm Snapdragons don't have anymore cellular modems on the die. It was nice while we had it but now it's GSM/AT&T that's fighting this!

That would be disappointing. Being able to do both cones in really handy sometimes.

sent from my stealth black HTC OnE
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by cuffs50 View Post
    That would be disappointing. Being able to do both cones in really handy sometimes.

sent from my stealth black HTC OnE
    I agree, but from what I have read, apparently it has something to do with improving overall signal, power managment, and phone weight.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

Quote Originally Posted by Ledward1245 View Post
    So I have really liked the new updated but I can no longer be on the phone and get internet signal. I could do it before when ever I had 4g, has anyone else notice this? Is there any way we can get this fix? Do we need to send emails to HTC?
    After KitKat update, the 4G icon went away when you were on a call. Even though the icon was not there, data connection was still possible (if connected to LTE).
    That was a bug in software, but the latest Sprint update fixed that issue, and now the icon stays on even when you are in a call.