Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One: tips for taking concert pictures

Does any body know how to take good pics with this phone at concerts? I bought my HTC One thinking the camera would be able to take good photos at all the shows I go to, but I took some at the show I went to last night and most of them were very poor. When the lights were on they were fine, but as soon as the stage darkened and the band came on the pics were for the most part a blurry mess, I'm sure it has something to do with the stage lighting. I would hate to have to resort back to bringing my Samsung point and shoot because its a pain to carry around in my pocket and some venues still won't let you bring in a camera for some reason.

Thanks for any help on this matter!!!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-11-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Global Posts
    8,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Concert pictures

Quote Originally Posted by cyauch View Post
    Does any body know how to take good pics with this phone at concerts? I bought my HTC One thinking the camera would be able to take good photos at all the shows I go to, but I took some at the show I went to last night and most of them were very poor. When the lights were on they were fine, but as soon as the stage darkened and the band came on the pics were for the most part a blurry mess, I'm sure it has something to do with the stage lighting. I would hate to have to resort back to bringing my Samsung point and shoot because its a pain to carry around in my pocket and some venues still won't let you bring in a camera for some reason.

Thanks for any help on this matter!!!
    Welcome to Android Central
    Smartphones don't have the best camera lenses, and they are for the most part poor performers in low-light conditions. The concert is a place where using a flash won't help, so you're going to have trouble getting good shots with any phone.
    You can try using an app like Shot Control, which lets you change the settings, and maybe raising ISO will help, but a dedicated camera will always beat out a smartphone
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Bummer, kinda what I thought, a buddy of mine has a new Galaxy note and his pics still weren't as good as a regular camera but were WAY better than mine .

Thanks for the reply!

Personally, I had gotten fairly decent photos in low-light situations using either the Night Mode or HDR Mode.

You might want to try both and see if either work for you.
    Thanked by:
    cyauch 

Global Posts
    8,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by cyauch View Post
    Bummer, kinda what I thought, a buddy of mine has a new Galaxy note and his pics still weren't as good as a regular camera but were WAY better than mine .

Thanks for the reply!
    In the camera settings, is the camera set to take pictures at 4MP? Having anything smaller would probably make the pictures blurrier than they should be

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'll try that , thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    In the camera settings, is the camera set to take pictures at 4MP? Having anything smaller would probably make the pictures blurrier than they should be

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'll have to check, still learning how to use this thing

Default Re: HTC One: tips for taking concert pictures

Recently I have seen a broadway show in times square and in that show I took my camera and while the stage light was on I took some pictures that is cool and when it was dark I came closer to stage and put on my camera flash and then took pictures it was also cool so I want to say that in dark if you want to take broadway show pictures put on the camera flash and take close up pictures.It will help you out.To know which broadway show pictures I have took you can go through this link http://www.broadway.org/info/broadwa...imes-square-ny

Default Re: HTC One: tips for taking concert pictures

I'm still playing with things, but I just went to Judas Priest the other night and what I discovered is that while the camera pictures sucked as usual, if I started recording video, there's a setting that allows you to take snapshots while you're recording (as opposed to going into the video later and pulling pictures there); the video quality was clearly better than the photos, for whatever reason, and the snapshots reflected this improved quality.