Data connectivity issues

Speedwagon

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
First, I live in the Denver area, and we are currently going through an upgrade process(if Sprint ever finishes the damn thing).
Second, I had some data issues when I first bought the phone in November, but a factory reset seemed to fix everything.

Lately, I've been having issues with data connectivity. There are spots of LTE in the area, so I leave LTE turned on. The problems I have, are with it not connecting to data. Sometimes it just sits there after a call and doesn't give me a 3G/4G symbol for a while(at least 30 seconds to 1 minute, if not more). Other times it says it has a connection(symbol present), but it doesn't do anything.

It did this to me yesterday, when I was leaving a shopping area. It said it had 3G, but Google maps couldn't connect. So I turn around and stop by the Sprint store that was there(not a corporate store). I asked them about it, and the first they I was told is that "my phone is an older phone, about 1.5 years old, and they have a harder time connecting." At which point, I asked myself why I even bothered to stop there. She shoveled on some crap about the towers having a capacity, and it was around 5pm and blah blah blah. Then "profile update."

Is there a way to troubleshoot this? Can I tell if it's my phone, or a tower issue?

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I have had similar problems in Northern Virginia. There have been several times where I have had full bars of 4G, and had no data connectivity.

I am with Sprint too. While I am not sure, I believe that the problem is the tower or towers. I think that it might have something to do with the network upgrade.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith