Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint HTC One: Can't save contacts to google in phone app anymore

My phone app used to ask me if I wanted to save a new contact to google or phone. Now the only option I have is phone. How can I save new contacts to google?

Default Re: Sprint HTC One: Can't save contacts to google in phone app anymore

Assuming your logged into your Gmail account on the device. Next would be to check under Settings/Accounts & sync>Google>

Then you should see your Gmail account at or near the top, click on it and it will show you everything associated with your Google (Gmail) account. Make sure Contacts & People details are both selected.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

When I go to accounts and sync and click on Google (I am logged in and everything syncs fine) I see my account email address at the top which if clicked just takes me to sync accounts and people is listed. Other than that directly under my Google account I only see (under security) Search, Location, Google+, and Ads.

When you click on your Gmail account you should be brought to a screen like this below. You should see Contacts, make sure it's checked.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

All of my Syncs are checked, including Contacts, and they all sync correctly. However, I still don't have the option to choose google when I want to save a contact from my phone app. I only have the "phone" option.

Have you tried to do a factory data reset?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do that. I just had to do it a couple of months ago to fix another problem caused by the Android update.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

I have an AT&T HTC One and I am having the same issue. I don't know exactly when the issue started as I don't often add contacts but it was definitely after the last OS update. I'm holding out for the Sense 6 update to see if it fixes the issue as I don't want to do a factory reset unless I have to.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I just got the Sense 6 update. Once the update was done I updated my profile and PRL and it's working again. You might want to try updating your profile even before you get Sense 6 and see if that works. I know updating my PRL didn't do it because I tried that before.

Yes I noticed this as well after the Sense 6 update it seems that the syncing of Contacts for Exchange and Outlook Email is Not syncing. So if you have like a live or hotmail or the new outlook.com address it's Not syncing Contacts like it should.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpandrun View Post
    I just got the Sense 6 update. Once the update was done I updated my profile and PRL and it's working again. You might want to try updating your profile even before you get Sense 6 and see if that works. I know updating my PRL didn't do it because I tried that before.
    I will give that a try..

Exchange is still getting Sync Errors on Contacts and it's still not Syncing Contacts for Outlook as well..
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I don't use exchange, my problem was with Google and it's fixed now.