Anyone seen the Sprint HTC One M7 4.4.4 Kitkat upgrade?

spthomas

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping the kitkat 4.4.4 fix will make some things work again, like tethering. I've had it on my Nexus tablet for a while. Any news as to when we'll see it on Sprint HTC One M7?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping the kitkat 4.4.4 fix will make some things work again, like tethering. I've had it on my Nexus tablet for a while. Any news as to when we'll see it on Sprint HTC One M7?
Im sure it will be a while. Are you rooted, and what is going on with your tethering? If you are rooted just install JB tether from the playstore works great

spthomas

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
No, not rooted. Befure Kitkat 4.4.2, I could tether from my Nexus 7 tablet to my HTC One (or other phones) using bluetooth tethering and an app called FoxFi (later PDANet+). But 4.4.2 did something to the way tethering works, and it totally broke. I haven't been able to use anything to tether my tablet (wifi only) to my phone when I don't have wifi. The rumor was that 4.4.4 would fix that, and I have it on my tablet, but not my Sprint phone.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the Dev's of FoxFi will update their app. Updating Android i dont think is going to do it by its self. If the app isnt updated to work with Updated android then you are out of luck until it is

spthomas

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Foxfi says that Kitkat 4.4.2 broke a feature in Android, and were hoping it would be fixed. I think all the tethering apps were broken by this. I think it has something to do with how Android sets up networks without a wifi connection present (since thats why we tether, because there isn't a wifi connection there so we're using the phones 4g).