Sprint HTC One (M7) Lollipop 5.0.2 Update. Praises, Complaints, Bugs & Discussion

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sprint HTC One (M7) Lollipop 5.0.1 Update. Praises, Complaints, Bugs & Discussion

Much appreciated effort and sharing Schiznatch. I updated on day 1 (no real problems for me, I actually am happy with it), but my wife didnt because she didnt have the hard drive space (takes pictures and videos of our kids like there is no tomorrow). Anyway, she cleaned up her storage space, restarted and now the update didnt appear. I was racking my brain as to why she couldnt update, thanks for the info.

I now am wondering why they pulled it and what changes they are looking to make and when they will occur.

schiznatch

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Sprint HTC One (M7) Lollipop 5.0.1 Update. Praises, Complaints, Bugs & Discussion

Much appreciated effort and sharing Schiznatch. I updated on day 1 (no real problems for me, I actually am happy with it), but my wife didnt because she didnt have the hard drive space (takes pictures and videos of our kids like there is no tomorrow). Anyway, she cleaned up her storage space, restarted and now the update didnt appear. I was racking my brain as to why she couldnt update, thanks for the info.

I now am wondering why they pulled it and what changes they are looking to make and when they will occur.

Yea, I'm wondering that as well. I know the Sprint forums has a few posts about getting the Red Triangle of Death (or w/e you want to call it lol) after updating. Also, quite a few are having issues with bluetooth and sluggish text response. Maybe they had enough people going to the Sprint store with these issues that they just pulled the update until they are able to fix them.

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

I was having the sluggish text response before the update and attributed it to too many text mesages (but realistically, how much storage/memory space does "text" take up, I also realize there are picture messages in some texts though).

I do like the new way to clear all apps in recent memory feature (double tapping on the home button, then hitting the "x". I also have the Advanced task manager app that allows me to "Kill Apps" even though it doesnt truly completely shut them down while your phone is booted. I would guess it does something similar to the clear I previously mentioned. These along with a cache cleaner app.

I guess my wife snoozed and loozed!

Roky Cyber

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

Is there a way to turn off this relay annoying notification? :/

Roky Cyber

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

The Power Saver notification: how do you turn this off now? There has to be a way to turn this constant annoying notification off without turning off the feature, right? Under KitKat you could long press on the notification and turn off the constant notification without deactivating the feature but now this method only gives options to turn the feature On with constant notification or feature Off.

Is there a way to turn off this relay annoying notification? :/

crystal_uk

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
How do I stop these really annoying pop ups??!!!
HTC one m7, the little android man waving his arms at me it's just the beginning for each advert?! Hating it and due an upgrade....tempted to leave android if this doesn't disappear lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 4625.jpg
    4625.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 25

d-pabs

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I have been having issues with the battery. The phone gets charged from 0% battery life to 100% The battery drops very quick until it dies with light use. I start the phone back up after it dies and it shows that it has 60% left and drops at normal rate. This has happen more that one time, I have to restart various time in order to show the real charge level. I have done a hard reset and not using intensive apps. Is anyone having these issues?

Yes, I started having that exact same problem. Phone will charge over night and when I power on it's at maybe 20-30%. Or it'll read 100% and drain in less than an hour. I'll reboot the phone multiple times and get different battery levels each time, eventually getting to the correct level.

I also found issues with the typing in the main mail app: if I'm trying to end a sentence with anything other than a period, !/?(), etc the last letter of the word is replaced by the respective punctuation mark.

The automatic WiFi sign-in screen that pops up when connecting to a password protected WiFi at work shows up as blank, repeatedly, so I'm forced to use a web browser To log in.

Switching lines on the phone is very slow to respond and oftentimes I've hung up on the person because I'll push the answer call and then try to end the first call (because no response) and then it switches and hangs up.

I have numerous issues with various apps not working, but don't know if that's the app itself or due to the OS. Vast majority of my Google apps aren't working smoothly and often needs a restart, Google voice commands, speech-text, maps being very slow, Google now not updating as scheduled,...

I've read only unlocked M7s are getting the 5.1 update, however HTC cannot leave customers with a bug-filled OS. At least make sure it's bulletproof before discontinuing updates. I know if I'm stuck with a shotty OS then I won't be buying HTC again.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I started having that exact same problem. Phone will charge over night and when I power on it's at maybe 20-30%. Or it'll read 100% and drain in less than an hour. I'll reboot the phone multiple times and get different battery levels each time, eventually getting to the correct level.

I also found issues with the typing in the main mail app: if I'm trying to end a sentence with anything other than a period, !/?(), etc the last letter of the word is replaced by the respective punctuation mark.

The automatic WiFi sign-in screen that pops up when connecting to a password protected WiFi at work shows up as blank, repeatedly, so I'm forced to use a web browser To log in.

Switching lines on the phone is very slow to respond and oftentimes I've hung up on the person because I'll push the answer call and then try to end the first call (because no response) and then it switches and hangs up.

I have numerous issues with various apps not working, but don't know if that's the app itself or due to the OS. Vast majority of my Google apps aren't working smoothly and often needs a restart, Google voice commands, speech-text, maps being very slow, Google now not updating as scheduled,...

I've read only unlocked M7s are getting the 5.1 update, however HTC cannot leave customers with a bug-filled OS. At least make sure it's bulletproof before discontinuing updates. I know if I'm stuck with a shotty OS then I won't be buying HTC again.

They are considering the issues and hopefully will release 5.1 as the last update to the M7. Or you could always change it to a GPE.

Posted via the Android Central App

d-pabs

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I actually have the GPE version. I may just have to root it and then downgrade or switch to a more stable Rom. Was hoping to avoid that hassle...

d-pabs

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I was on the HTC chat this morning trying g to explain my issues and how I'm not the only one. I shared this forum thread sight them and they told me that this isn't an official HTC forum/ thread so they can't validate that all of us are having problems with lollipop. Then they proceeded to tell me that these are all isolated issues which I find it very had to believe.

cdknight

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Everything seem to be working great until I updated to Lollipop 5.0.2 for the Sprint M7. Two issues. I now have the "Error retrieving information from server. [DF-DFERH-01]" issue when opening the Google Play Store. I can uninstall updates to Google Play Store and it works for a little bit until it updates to the latest version, then same error. My other issue is that now I am having issues with the bluetooth connection to my car's handsfree system. It constantly disconnects and reconnects while on calls and when playing music. I did see other posts that claim that Lollipop has some issues with bluetooth that are causing issues with handsfree systems in cars. If it were possible (without rooting) I would go back to KitKat.

Michael Wigle

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The Do Not Disturb (DND) function has been removed. Does anyone know of a way to reproduce that functionality besides the "Interruptions" function which is far too cumbersome for regular use?

kwakublack

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
You now have interruptions. Go to home screen and press volume button. It's the lollipop version of do not disturb.Press down on volume down button and press all etc.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance