MULTI-NOOB?s Ting->StrtTlk, Update won't install - Stuck on TEAMWIN recovery but touch is inactive.

j8ster

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
MULTI-NOOB?s Ting->StrtTlk, Update won't install - Stuck on TEAMWIN recovery but touch is inactive.

I am a total noob and I'm terrified that I'm going to break my phone - an HTC One M7 currently on Ting. I should mention that I have started the process of moving from Ting to StraightTalk. The woman I spoke with at StraightTalk was in the process of transferring my phone number and she said the sprint SIM card was showing "expired" so she said she'd mail me a new SIM card (not here yet). I hope it will arrive tomorrow and I can call them and get the transfer done. My hope is that StraightTalk will allow me to use the Verizon network instead of sprint (which has been terrible).

• Anyone know if I will be using the Verizon network instead of Sprint when I switch to StraightTalk?
  • Any other issues related to switching the HTC One M7 from Ting to StraightTalk?
Back many months ago I started to "root" my phone and I got as far as unlocking it (bootloader shows "tampered, unlocked") and installing the "TEAMWIN" recovery environment. Whenever I get the TEAMWIN UI to display my touchscreen is inactive. I then have to reboot it (under a bright light, apparently). I have not been able to install any system updates from HTC since I tinkered with it I think... (I get an "update" prompt every morning).

My first priority is to get my service switched to StraightTalk. I then want to figure out how to get system updates from HTC. I don't really care if the phone is "rooted" (I think). I'm just a basic user. Oh... one other thing. The phone was given to me by a friend (who isn't really available to help me with it).

I think the TEAMWIN recovery is preventing the update... or, maybe the fact that I've unlocked it? No idea... but, I would like to know if I can safely remove the TEAMWIN thing since it does not seem to work.

• Anyone know if the TEAMWIN recovery is preventing HTC updates? Is it because I've "unlocked" the phone?
  • Anyone have a suggestion for directions to remove/replace TEAMWIN?
  • Any suggestions about "rooting" the phone? Do I need to do that? Link to instructions?

Sorry for the long message... any help you might provide will be hugely appreciated!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae