Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Sprint LG G2 @ Best Buy for $99 w/ Free Shipping & an additional $50 eGift Card?

Why does it say dual band? Kind of odd..
    Banned

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

Default Re: Sprint LG G2 @ Best Buy for $99 w/ Free Shipping & an additional $50 eGift Card?

Has anyone on sprint found out what the full cash price is with no upgradeż

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy13 View Post
    Has anyone on sprint found out what the full cash price is with no upgradeż

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    $549

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Has anyone who preorded the g2 from best buy also sign up for they're 50 freedom gift card earlier this year. Was wondering if we are still entitled to that 50$ gift card also. That would basically make the phone free.

Posted via Android Central App

can you let me know what that is?

Just pre-ordered and saved $100 thanks would not have known if it wasn't for this post

I signed up for that. Best buy will email a gift card some time after purchase. If you use it in store they take it off the total right then.
    best buy will only let you use one offer

Quote Originally Posted by youngusaplaya View Post
    Just pre-ordered and saved $100 thanks would not have known if it wasn't for this post

Me too! Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by kgzero View Post
    I just ordered it and as soon as I pressed the order button, this question popped into my head. How do we know it isn't for the 16 GB one, just as Elton mentioned?

I'm a little worried as there is no mention of memory in the description. I did notice it says their is a SD slot. So not sure what to think. Maybe the description is just a cut and paste from the LG website?

Also, thank you soulgrnd for your post, I was about to pay $100 more for it through Sprint, when it occurred to me to check the forum!
    Sprint is not carrying the 16gb. Best buy partnered with LG for the G2. I (being a Sprint Rep) was invited to a release party for the G2 that had open bar, awesome food and an awesome Dj. Best buy sponsored the event and every one received a $100 off coupon for the phone at best buy. Looks like they are offering that to every one for a short period of time

Quote Originally Posted by jsoni12 View Post
    Why does it say dual band? Kind of odd..
    The 3rd band is the old Nextel 800mhtz band. Sprint is currently in the process of converting all that hardware in the towers to LTE. So the tri-band capability won't be able to be utilized until early to mid 2014

Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Jenkins1982 View Post
    Sprint is not carrying the 16gb. Best buy partnered with LG for the G2. I (being a Sprint Rep) was invited to a release party for the G2 that had open bar, awesome food and an awesome Dj. Best buy sponsored the event and every one received a $100 off coupon for the phone at best buy. Looks like they are offering that to every one for a short period of time

And no SD card by the way

I'm a little concerned. Sprint reps indicate the phone releases Friday and they are going to "try their best to deliver pre-orders on or before November 8th". Best Buy reps say they still have NO idea when they will be getting the Sprint LG G2 or when it will ship. One rep said, "But, if it makes you feel any better, I can't wait for it either."

It really doesn't.

In the mean time, I can't cancel at BB because, since the release of the Nexus 5, Sprint has increased the price of the pre-order to $199, assumedly because they released the Nexus 5 at $149. So, I have to wait for whenever it trickles in.

Will the Sprint variant no longer be $99.99 as the others are now $199.99? It shows it as $99.99 but it says coming soon.

I hit the Sprint online store and my view of it says $199 for the LG G2 with the Nexus 5 being $149. The reps all concur with what the press release says... November 8th (though there is some question as to whether or not that is the ship date or delivery date for pre-orders made through Sprint). Best Buy, however, has NO info to share and doesn't know when they are getting it. The only speculation is, sometime shortly after Sprint gets it. At this point, knowing it will cost me an extra hundred just for the hope of getting it sooner, I will wait.

I'm just hoping the price doesn't change. The other variants have gone up to $199.99 on the bestbuy site I hope that doesn't happen to the Sprint variant as we can't even purchase or pre-order it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhll View Post
    I'm just hoping the price doesn't change. The other variants have gone up to $199.99 on the bestbuy site I hope that doesn't happen to the Sprint variant as we can't even purchase or pre-order it anymore.
    I had to go into my local best buy to pre-order it for 99, which turned out to be better anyways because they explained that I'm only in line behind the people who had preordered from that store before me. If I had preordered online then there's no telling how many people I'm behind as I already know a lot of people preordered from bb.com so I'm more likely to get it on release day. The only draw back is that if you ordered online you pay 99 but also receive a $50 gift card, doing it in store I lost the 50 gift card but I had no choice since the web won't allow you to order anymore.

In your room
    Where time stands still
    Or moves at your will
    Will you let the morning come soon
    Or will you leave me lying here?

Quote Originally Posted by depechemodegurl View Post
    I had to go into my local best buy to pre-order it for 99, which turned out to be better anyways because they explained that I'm only in line behind the people who had preordered from that store before me. If I had preordered online then there's no telling how many people I'm behind as I already know a lot of people preordered from bb.com so I'm more likely to get it on release day. The only draw back is that if you ordered online you pay 99 but also receive a $50 gift card, doing it in store I lost the 50 gift card but I had no choice since the web won't allow you to order anymore.

I actually called my local store and they said that I can't pre-order it. I don't know if they didn't understand I meant in store or not but they said they don't know when they are even getting the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhll View Post
    I actually called my local store and they said that I can't pre-order it. I don't know if they didn't understand I meant in store or not but they said they don't know when they are even getting the phone.
    If your bb isn't too far away, I would try going in there. It seems some employees are a lot more knowledgeable then others...

In your room
    Where time stands still
    Or moves at your will
    Will you let the morning come soon
    Or will you leave me lying here?

Global Posts
    7,976 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by depechemodegurl View Post
    If your bb isn't too far away, I would try going in there. It seems some employees are a lot more knowledgeable then others...

That's true! I would go into the store and try my luck. :thumbup:

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Just received the $50 e-gift card in an email today, total surprise. So the phone effectively cost me $49, not bad.

Global Posts
    7,976 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by coogrrr94 View Post
    Just received the $50 e-gift card in an email today, total surprise. So the phone effectively cost me $49, not bad.
    Good deal! 👍😀

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

I forgot to check the e-gift card toggle when I pre-ordered from Best Buy and was surprised to receive the gift card email last night. 49.99 for a new flagship is not bad.

I got that plus another $25 gift card coming in the mail so $25 for a phone not half bad btw I called and complained that I didn't receive the phone on release day

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

I purchased my G2 online and did an in store pickup for the same day, Nov 9th. At that time, no $50 gift card was being offered. Cost me $99 on sale. Starting this past Monday, the $50 card was back. Went to BB Wednesday to see if I could get the card. They couldn't make it happen, so instead they did a return/rebuy knocking $50 off the price. So $49.99, not bad.

Friday, I received an email with a $50 gift card. What? Yep, evidently the rebuy while the card was being offered got me said card. $0 for my G2, hell yeah.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    7,976 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by gonk24 View Post
    I purchased my G2 online and did an in store pickup for the same day, Nov 9th. At that time, no $50 gift card was being offered. Cost me $99 on sale. Starting this past Monday, the $50 card was back. Went to BB Wednesday to see if I could get the card. They couldn't make it happen, so instead they did a return/rebuy knocking $50 off the price. So $49.99, not bad.

Friday, I received an email with a $50 gift card. What? Yep, evidently the rebuy while the card was being offered got me said card. $0 for my G2, hell yeah.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    Good for you!
    That was a great deal!
    Can't beat free. :thumbup:

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12